• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Nice build thread...wish I had the patience to build a plane from scratch
Living in Canada , our winters are long and also being retired or as the ex would say, "retarded" LOL I do have time to hibernate in the shop, plus when what you're doing is your passion, well, you don't need patience, but to fix a water leak in the house , now that needs patience LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Living in Canada , our winters are long and also being retired or as the ex would say, "retarded" LOL I do have time to hibernate in the shop, plus when what you're doing is your passion, well, you don't need patience, but to fix a water leak in the house , now that needs patience LOL
That's funny right there. I think "ALL" "ex's" say we're retarded. 'Specially because we play with "toy" planes. LOL... But I would sooner have a passion for this hobby than what so many others have. So you have a water leak? Hmm....I have a "semi" stopped up drain. I also have a motor to mount on a Sukhoi, finish up a build for a friend, prep the working area for a couple of new "toy" planes... Not sure I would refer to it as patience. More like keeping priorities straight. Yeah, the sink is still plugged. :yesss:

I have just started a new build thread of the Dalotel Junior, which will be in parallel with the larger Dalotel,
This will be a sport scale only. Just look if interested for "Dalotel Junior"

RCFlyingKnight

New to GSN!
Hey Mathew, not sure on your question, but the drawing shows the landing gear leg as a oleo design but the anti rotation would seem to be internal

Hey Roger, I guess I should have asked for a pictures of the landing gear details.

I'll CAD something up on an internal anti-rotation idea I've had. What is the over all outside diameter of the strut you will be using? Or you could e-mail me more dimensional specification on the size your landing gear will be.

Matthew

P.S. there are two t's in my name lol :)