• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

SteveT.

100cc
Hi guys....

as possibly some of you have noticed, it is a bit difficult (not impossible) to put more than one strap onto the battery in this beautiful bipe, so, I devised a method/device to alleviate this, and am selling them for $20.00 including shipping via priority mail in the conus. I have to get six orders to make it worth while, and so far I have two (just posting these this evening.) If you want one, let me know.

You can use batteries up to about 44mm wide X 35mm tall x 130mm long (up to 20mm longer if the battery is about 30mm high)

The battery holder still has to use one strap to hold the battery, but now holds the front of the battery much more securely. The holder is held in by screws and glue, or just by screws (best if screws and a bit of glue.) The holder is not yet mounted in the bottom photos but does show where it goes. (this is of course why it is not straight in the photo.)
SteveT.

Attachments

• Inside-W.jpg
    Inside-W.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Battery box and cut parts.jpg
    Battery box and cut parts.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Battery box with battery.jpg
    Battery box with battery.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Battery box.jpg
    Battery box.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 249
  • from front.jpg
    from front.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 262
  • insertion-1.jpg
    insertion-1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 238
  • insertion-2.jpg
    insertion-2.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:
i went with the rec. set up from 3dhs using hacker motor and cc 75 lite esc. prop is 14x7. I am using 4c 2650 30c lipos and the esc is cutting off when I hit full throttle. no bad connections and lipos are good. do I need to switch the programming on the esc.????
Thanks, Eric

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Have you tested it with a watt meter? I would specifically be watching the voltage. Your LVC could be set too high. If your battery voltage is sagging a lot under load you could be hitting the LVC. Just one possible explanation... test it out and see if dropping you LVC to say 3v/cell will fix it. Either way you need to get some watt meter data to help figure the issue out.

Thanks for the help. Do not have a watt meter to test. I resoldered the connector and it was ok. What is the lvc. Never had an issue with an esc. Like this and I do have other cc esc. I tested a couple different lips and I had one that ran perfect at full throttle. Tried another 4c 2200 mah 30c andit cut off again. Migt bevto small all of lipo????? The red light comes on and beeps/flashes twice.

3dNater

LVC is low voltage cutoff. It is a setting in the esc settings. If the lipo voltage is sagging and your cuttoff setting is too high it will turn off the esc. Check your manual for the beep and lights. I would do it but it sux to research on my phone.

Thanks for the info. I researched the info last night and found lots of info. I was going to change the lvc. Also thought of swapping out this esc with the quantum 65. Esc I have in my 3dhs 58 edge. I run two 3c in the edge. Do you think the 75 ice would be better in the edge with motofly??

3dNater

If it was me I would leave things where they are and just get the cc 75 working right. Right now you don't even know for sure that the LVC is the issue do you? Did you find out what the blinking and beeping meant?

A call to castle tech support might help out if you can't figure it out. They have been really helpful to me in the past. Great guys there!

Good point. Call castle and they told me the Lvc might be set too high. gonna wait for the castle link to arrive and then look at data before adjusting anything. Now this makes me wonder about my slick 51. running the same hacker motor with the hacker 70 amp speed control using a 4 cell 2200 mah 30c lipo. Time to invest in a watt meter. Thanks for the help.

ABLEC6

New to GSN!
I need help from 3DHS big time! I've tried calling multiple times and I've received a "Ill see what we can do" email response. 3 weeks ago.

I had a mid air collision with my Byper and a foamie delta wing. By pure luck, I was flat & level and so was he. The wing sliced exactly between the upper and lower wing of mine, and the only damage was the wing strut on the left side was shredded. 3DHS does not sell just the wing strut alone. Only if I purchase the wing set for $92 can I get a new wing strut. The rest of the plane is fine. Again, a miracle!

I am in need of a left side wing strut. If anyone has one or bought a wing set and doesn't need the strut, please let me know by PM. If anyone at 3DHS reads this, please help me get my favorite plane back in the air! I was finally getting comfortable with it!

I may not be the only one needing a wing strut alone in the future and I think it needs to be added to the ARF spare parts list. I'd buy a pair just to get the left I need.

Thanks in advance!

James

3DHS EPP Slick, 3DHS 42" VyperBype 3DHS 47" Osiris, 3DHS 47 Extra, 3DHS 62" Osiris, 3DHS 65" Vyper

gyro

GSN Contributor
I need help from 3DHS big time! I've tried calling multiple times and I've received a "Ill see what we can do" email response. 3 weeks ago.

I had a mid air collision with my Byper and a foamie delta wing. By pure luck, I was flat & level and so was he. The wing sliced exactly between the upper and lower wing of mine, and the only damage was the wing strut on the left side was shredded. 3DHS does not sell just the wing strut alone. Only if I purchase the wing set for $92 can I get a new wing strut. The rest of the plane is fine. Again, a miracle!

I am in need of a left side wing strut. If anyone has one or bought a wing set and doesn't need the strut, please let me know by PM. If anyone at 3DHS reads this, please help me get my favorite plane back in the air! I was finally getting comfortable with it!

I may not be the only one needing a wing strut alone in the future and I think it needs to be added to the ARF spare parts list. I'd buy a pair just to get the left I need.

Thanks in advance!

James

3DHS EPP Slick, 3DHS 42" VyperBype 3DHS 47" Osiris, 3DHS 47 Extra, 3DHS 62" Osiris, 3DHS 65" Vyper

James, I've got an idea. Might have a solution... Maybe you can have someone measure the strut, and have a new one laser cut for you?

-G