• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

zmonster97

I am ordering this , would you guys say the best motor is the a-30-12x. I usualy go with the rec. Set up. Thanks, eric

I think the motor is the a-30-12XL, and yes, the recommended motor is a great motor, plenty of power and speed.
That said, we didn't test any of the alternative motors available, so it's not fair to assume its the "best" motor.

I would say the motrolfly 3615-750kv is just as good or better. That's the one I'm using.

mkleist

New to GSN!
By the way, the motrolfly 3615's are in stock and shipping now! Mine shipped on Monday and arrived today!

I was going to put a motrolfly in my Bype, but couldn't find it anywhere. With the Hacker and a 14x7 prop I can hover just below mid stick on 4s. With the 15x6 it hovers just over mid stick.

Now I am in between the bype and the 48 super vyper. I have the edge 41,edge 58,42 slick,51slick, 47shp. I wanted something a little different. I do own the ultimate amr bipe.I fly fast and slow. Mostly 3d. Any suggestions??? if I go with the super vypervcan I run hs85mg all the way around. I have four of them already. Thanks,eric

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Now I am in between the bype and the 48 super vyper. I have the edge 41,edge 58,42 slick,51slick, 47shp. I wanted something a little different. I do own the ultimate amr bipe.I fly fast and slow. Mostly 3d. Any suggestions??? if I go with the super vypervcan I run hs85mg all the way around. I have four of them already. Thanks,eric

The super Vyper only needs 1 hs-85mg in the tail, and that's for 4s balance.
The Vyper Bype is definitely different, and flies 3D much better than the AMR in my opinion.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Which way is the right way to install the landing gear fairings?

I think there is a pretty good pic in the official review. If you need something a little more close up, here is one:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353618287.420153.jpg