• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

I agree wholeheartedly with Jim's comment. The maiden of mine was met with my words, "Oh, that's different!" I still haven't gotten enough flights to feel comfortable enough to trim and wring it out (darn weather!), but I'm looking forward to it. Congrats Gyro!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I agree wholeheartedly with Jim's comment. The maiden of mine was met with my words, "Oh, that's different!" I still haven't gotten enough flights to feel comfortable enough to trim and wring it out (darn weather!), but I'm looking forward to it. Congrats Gyro!

I've got about 80% of the build done. The design of the wing attachment and the ease of which it can be removed for transport is sheer genius. I'm very impressed!

SteveT.

100cc
Sounds very cool...can you post some pics of the wing attachment "system"?

Lots of magnets in the roots of the wings....the wings slides onto a carbon fiber tube that goes through the fuselage or wing pylon. The wing pylon had some steel discs in it, and when you slide the wings on, they adhere very well. The bottom wings also have wing bolts....

SteveT

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sounds very cool...can you post some pics of the wing attachment "system"?

Lots of magnets in the roots of the wings....the wings slides onto a carbon fiber tube that goes through the fuselage or wing pylon. The wing pylon had some steel discs in it, and when you slide the wings on, they adhere very well. The bottom wings also have wing bolts....

SteveT

It works just like Steve described, but words don't do it justice. It's really cool! We'll have the review done shortly, and will include plenty of pics!

-G

It works just like Steve described, but words don't do it justice. It's really cool! We'll have the review done shortly, and will include plenty of pics!

-G
That's what I thought, cant see it that well in the assembly manual ether. I'll look forward to the pics

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Can wait to read your mini-review, and see if we think alike :)
I do know it went together very easily..

2012-10-16_19-42-58_494.jpg2012-10-16_19-43-18_82.jpg

Now I have to wait for the servos, motor, batteries, and esc:cursing: