• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I do think kdunlap has a point here. It's joked about how many people think they're going out of business all the time....but the truth is that new users come on here and read stuff and really have no reason to think it's a joke. And then bragging about fooling another sucker? I don't think that's cool and it doesn't belong in the fanatics thread. (just my 2 cents...but hey, what do I know?)

So when the site owner and administrator says, "Shoot, I heard they went out of business! " #2028 it carries a bit of weight. Hence, someone new to this forum might venture to take it more seriously than not. I thought the whole point of 3DRCFORUMS was to be a bit better than RCGroups. I seem to recall a blog post called "Oh, the drama" trying to set another tone.

Lesson: shame on me for believing in another tone.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I do think kdunlap has a point here. It's joked about how many people think they're going out of business all the time....but the truth is that new users come on here and read stuff and really have no reason to think it's a joke. And then bragging about fooling another sucker? I don't think that's cool and it doesn't belong in the fanatics thread. (just my 2 cents...but hey, what do I know?)

Moose, there was no malice involved. Lets enjoy a laugh together once in a while. I've seen this story dragged on for hours before. If anyone was offended, an apology has been offered. Lets all move on.

kdunlap

New to GSN!
Thanks to all who have contacted me overnight and expressed kind words or apologized. I appreciate it very much. I agree with Gyro that it's time to move on.

Ken

Moose, there was no malice involved. Lets enjoy a laugh together once in a while. I've seen this story dragged on for hours before. If anyone was offended, an apology has been offered. Lets all move on.

Sooo what is the best way to contact 3DHS without aggravating myself to death? I understand the phone is pretty hit and miss since they are in and out so much. Is info@3dhobbyshop.com the email to use or is there a super secret bat phone type email address to use? I maidened a shiny new Yak this weekend and the Omega burnt out on the 4th flight :confused:. Watt meter said it was pulling 47amps with a 14x7 (3s) on a quick static check so that should have been fine for a 130g motor. I was adding throttle coming out of a dive and it sputtered, smoked and left me deadsticking in. This is the first motor Ive smoked so Im not sure what went wrong but it looks like a bad winding maybe? Does 3dhs do anything about replacing new motors or should I start shopping for an alternative? If the latters the case can anyone recommend something other than the omega? A little heavier would be fine but I'd like to keep it about the same size so it looks right in the cowling.

--- Edit, recieved a reply to my email at the info address right when I posted this...I get nervous too fast :ashamed:

SnowDog

and he's got the name. Ground Hog.
makes my trigger finger twitch....

Easy Aron...easy...he is not a rodent...he is a person...:)

If you need to visualize a ground hog to retain your sanity, well, here you go!

groundhog.jpg

:ecstatic: