• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Is there a motrofly motor to replace the 130g omega?

Asking because I need a motor for a 47shp that I just bought and $65 is steep in my opinion from 3dhs since they usually are $50 with an ARF. Rather try something else if I'm spending $65

gyro

GSN Contributor

Asking because I need a motor for a 47shp that I just bought and $65 is steep in my opinion from 3dhs since they usually are $50 with an ARF. Rather try something else if I'm spending $65

It's very slightly lighter, but the 2815 is comparable in perfomance.
That said, it is not a less expensive motor compared to the Omeag 130g.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2

It's very slightly lighter, but the 2815 is comparable in perfomance.
That said, it is not a less expensive motor compared to the Omeag 130g.

+1. had the 2815 on a buck.5 and it was fantastic. convinced a few people to do the same, after someone let me fly theirs to convince me :D perfect match for this plane

which KV? I was planning on 3s 2200 but the idea of putting the 51" slick batteries which are 4s 2500 sounds like some stupid fun :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
which KV? I was planning on 3s 2200 but the idea of putting the 51" slick batteries which are 4s 2500 sounds like some stupid fun :D

You could get a wind for both...

I think the DM2815-850 will spin a 12x6 on 4s, (testing was done on 11x7, which is relatively close) and it'll easily spin the 13x6.5 on 3s.

If you ask me, the plane is very light, and flies really well on a 3s2200 battery (at least mine did!), so the DM2815-950 would be the one i'd recommend.

FYI. Just got my shipping notice for a red 42 AJ Slick. Looks like the slow boat just got in! I can't wait for some baby slickness.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i agree, the 48 edge needs to stay light. i wouldnt fly it with anything heavier than a 3s2200, but thats just me.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Does anyone know where you can get an x mount for the omega 130? I snapped one of the sides off mine and 3DHS is all out of stock...

3dplank

70cc twin V2
Does anyone know where you can get an x mount for the omega 130? I snapped one of the sides off mine and 3DHS is all out of stock...

I might have one that will work. I will check tommorow and get back with you. I have a bunch of mounts in a drawer.