• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" Edge 540

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That's some healthy rpm Gary.

Do you lean the idle screw or high end screw to remove the mid range burble?

I only got one flight on her today Roger, and I leaned me engine on the high needle 1/16 of a turn. It definitely helped a little bit, but the mid range burble is still there, but working is way out.

Here is a a few photos of the damage from today's one wheel landing:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383515275.774306.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383515285.890754.jpg

3DRAT

30cc
Thats no good gyro, use the same set up i did to fit wheels & you will never have a wheel come off again. I think post 8 on my thread shows you how mine was done

3DRAT

30cc
taking from my post about wheels

got my wheels on & i don't use the axels supplied as wheels fall off , i use a high tensile cap screw with nylocks as its very reliable for 40% so im going with that set up on the 92''

joshgluck

100cc
Flew again today... And as usual for me, lost a wheel on my first flight of the day. Luckily, I ordered a drill press last Friday night, so I'll cotter pin from here on out.

Landed the plane ok, but the gear stuck in the grass, and damaged at least the sheeting around the gear, and possibly the landing gear plate. Need to dissect and investigate.

Good news was 7500+ rpm in flight on the Falcon 24x10, after leaning a little. Still a healthy mid range burble, so I still need to lean so more.

Assuming you're using spektrum telemetry for in flight rpm.. Care to share your setup? I've seen a lot of concern over ensuring you don't have connections that will render the optokill or I bec useless because of creating path from ignition to rx.

joshgluck

100cc
taking from my post about wheels

got my wheels on & i don't use the axels supplied as wheels fall off , i use a high tensile cap screw with nylocks as its very reliable for 40% so im going with that set up on the 92''

Can you add the link to your thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.