• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" Edge 540

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Weighed mine at the field today, fully loaded.
The weight includes about 2oz of rope, and 20 fluid ounces of fuel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384731751.283850.jpg

For the question about the new landing gear setup I did, I used a 10-32 cap head bolt, about 2" long, a flT washer on the cap head, a small regular nut on the wheel, a nylock nut, a neoprene washer on either side of the landing gear, and another nylock nut.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384731851.832883.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384731869.649657.jpg

Got only one flight it again, shredded one of the SFGs in flight during a pop top (of course).

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Also, as a reference, it looks like the empty airframe, before power and control components, is about 11 pounds. This means the Q80-8M setup with the Ice2 HV160, all up with mounts and 2x 6S 5000 batts, would be about 19.34 pounds, RTF. Considering the power of the 8M, this is a really nice AUW. I had the 10S version (Q80-7M) with a 24x10TH Mejzlik on a 19 pound plane with a much higher cube loading and it was adequate -- 5 minute flight times, of course. I'm guessing any 60cc with a stock muffler that can swing a 24x10 beechwood prop to at least 6700 RPMs would be great here too.

gyro

GSN Contributor
You can also just drill the axle on each end and put a pin in it.

Even with a drill press, I was unable to drill through the steel axle. Maybe you can send me a few of the bits you're using, as it seems mine suck.

The cap screw setup pictured above is also 10g lighter per side... So extra security AND weight savings :D

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Gary did you try grinding a flat spot on the end of the axle prior to drilling? Either way, you would need a good bit. I think I like the way you are doing it better in either case.

Status
Not open for further replies.