• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" Edge 540

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maiden successful!

The leading edge covering peeled within a minute, making a funny whistling sound... so we landed and pulled it off.

Took it right back up, had some fun, ran out of gas... And I made a nice deadstick landing :)

Forgot to account for a new engine running rich on my timer.

Now, time to refuel and get it back up!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Maiden successful!

The leading edge covering peeled within a minute, making a funny whistling sound... so we landed and pulled it off.

Took it right back up, had some fun, ran out of gas... And I made a nice deadstick landing :)

Forgot to account for a new engine running rich on my timer.

Now, time to refuel and get it back up!

That plane looks sick! Congrats on a successful maiden. I'm guessing it flew well as predicted by anyone who has owned anything 3dhs.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That plane looks sick! Congrats on a successful maiden. I'm guessing it flew well as predicted by anyone who has owned anything 3dhs.

Thanks Nate, I'm really liking the plane. She LOVES to pop-top :)

A little hard to pick up top vs. bottom today, it's very cloudy, essentially overcast. I'm going to add a healthy amount of red to the top wings, and maybe another stripe or two of black on the bottom.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381505733.565196.jpg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I had that problem a lot with my FB slick at first. Adding the graphics helped alot. I hope it helps you see it better. That silver would pretty much disappear on a cloudy day for sure.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got another flight in... The GP61 is awesome. Tons of power, running nicely right out of the box.

Had the tailwheel fall off on flight, so she might be grounded for the rest of the fly in, unless I pull the one from my 87". Hmmmm....

kgalen

30cc
I'm hoping to add this beauty to my fleet in the near future. :) Congratulations on the maiden Gary. Great log and thanks for sharing!

gyro

GSN Contributor
You're welcome!

We took the good tailwheel off my downed 72" extra, and filmed a short video of Brian goofing off with the Edge... Should have it posted tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.