• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" Edge 540

Status
Not open for further replies.

Av8r RC

50cc
Gyro, I could see you all not being able to drill a hole thru the axle if the drill point was dull. What RPM did you have your drill press set to? If you were using a HSS drill you want to run it at a pretty slow rpm.

When I did mine here at the shop I had the drill press set to it's slowest speed, 240. And just pecked away a little at a time. No lubrication, and was able to drill to hole in about 1 min per axel.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Are they 3/16" or exactly 5mm? I found some Titanium ones that are 3/16". Look a bit pricy..
http://whiteroseeng.com/products/Maingearwheels.html

The drawing showed diameter of 0.19" or 4.826 mm...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385585660.917765.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, since my SFG broke last time I flew, and there aren't any replacements on 3DHS' website, I rebuilt my own. In retrospect, I'm happy I took the time to repair vs. replace and get some experience.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385683004.097585.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385683038.614349.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385683069.030873.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385683112.797863.jpg

Can you tell which one is original?

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
AAaaaahhh, that sucks! Please at least say that radian is confetti?! On the plus side look how well your gear block held up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.