• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] and I mocked up the DA-70 on it today. It will fit inside the cowl just barely. I might have to make a small modification to allow some room for the plug cap with a cowl blind nut. I will get photos once I finish mounting it. Going with a push pull rudder servo to help with CG as all the 70's weight is up front.

Sorry, but isn't any engine's weight all up front?

The setup weights the same as the DA-60/RE2. Same as the VVRC 40 and the DLE-35 on a pipe. Another example is the EF 91 extra which is a pretty tail heavy build. People have had no issues with balance putting a DA-85 on those. What a rocket ship that would be.

When I do up a new ARF, I like to reinforce the wheel pants as this is a high wear item. I cut out a few pieces of fiber cloth.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393471057.140035.jpg

Then I embed them with resin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393471085.809489.jpg

Then I lay the pieces on the insides of the pant along the edges of the wheel cut out as this where most of the cracking occurs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393471126.071127.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393471135.393725.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393471142.657486.jpg

After it dries I cut off the excess with a Exacto. Flying off grass is real hard on the wheel pants. On my EF 78 I just went without them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yowzilla

50cc
Here is a picture of mine from last Saturday....Fun day with wind gusts up to 32mph....

I added the vinyl with help from a "local" guy.

Edge 92.jpg