• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

Had a good day with mine. The right wing blind nuts both came out on the ground so I need to fish new ones up into the wing. The mej 25x8 evo is one killer prop. This thing was so stable slow with that thing. Basically like using a 20x7 instead of a 19x8 on 30cc. I will try the falcon 25x8W next time out and compare.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Had a good day with mine. The right wing blind nuts both came out on the ground so I need to fish new ones up into the wing. The mej 25x8 evo is one killer prop. This thing was so stable slow with that thing. Basically like using a 20x7 instead of a 19x8 on 30cc. I will try the falcon 25x8W next time out and compare.

What motor again Matt?

DA-70. Just got done breaking it in. Taking it to Nall, so I wanted to get some time on her. Also had a lot of fun with my 89 Slick with a DA-60/Smooth pipe. The 70 is lighter and produces more power than that combo. Only downside is noise as there is no header options yet for the motor. This is the first time I have flown without the SFGs. I know it flies better with them, but it was not too bad.

gyro

GSN Contributor
DA-70. Just got done breaking it in. Taking it to Nall, so I wanted to get some time on her. Also had a lot of fun with my 89 Slick with a DA-60/Smooth pipe. The 70 is lighter and produces more power than that combo. Only downside is noise as there is no header options yet for the motor. This is the first time I have flown without the SFGs. I know it flies better with them, but it was not too bad.

Between myself and [MENTION=165]Twistedgrim[/MENTION], we got 4 flights for about 45 min of flight time yesterday.

James thinks the DLE will be nice once broken in, only a gallon through it so far.

He mentioned that currently it can't pull him through a climbing rolling S. The top end is nice, but it takes a little effort to get there. Starts nicely though.

Still my favorite 60cc plane so far, it just really fits my flying style.

Needs moar powa. The DA 70 was CRAZYYYY Watched Tim fly a EF 91" Extra with it. Ridiculous. I have no doubt the 92 Edge would be just as crazy. Great hucking plane.

James

The 92 built out at 18.75 pounds IIRC. I added a bigger fuel tank so now it is probably 19. Light compared to the 21+ pounds the 91s build out to. Plenty of bunny.

gyro

GSN Contributor
James, wish you could have flown it on the GP61.

This is on a 24x9, but I loved it on the 24x10.

[video=youtube_share;suqNhbEoDXc]http://youtu.be/suqNhbEoDXc[/video]

Yowzilla

50cc
I know a few have lost the blind nuts in the wing tips. Yesterday was my turn. How did you guys install a new blind nut with minimal covering cuts?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I know a few have lost the blind nuts in the wing tips. Yesterday was my turn. How did you guys install a new blind nut with minimal covering cuts?

I've heard of dropping them down the wing using a string. I simply cut the covering on the underside. And put plenty of ca around the other ones that hadn't popped out yet.

I just had to do this. I cut a 4-40 bolt head off (m3 blindnuts I have are too big). Used a Dremel to cut a lip in the bolt. Tied string around that lip and dropped it through the wing tip. Once through I put a blind nut on the bolt and fished it back torch to the tip. Used pliers to pull the bolt to seat the blind nut. Removed bolt. Put Vaseline on bolt and re threaded it in. Removed bolt and then soaked it with CA.