• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 92" Edge 540 (Electric Build)

Ok, so I have the RX and RX batteries all hooked up along with the Aurora lights, in the pictures you can see where I placed my remote receivers and how I routed my wires. I am waiting on a 4.5" rudder arm because the one on there is too small. I am currently waiting on the ESC and once I get that installed I will put everything together and show my final setup along with how I setup the aurora lights. If you have any questions on any of the pictures ask! :)

image (15).jpeg image (16).jpeg image (17).jpeg image (18).jpeg image (19).jpeg image (20).jpeg image (21).jpeg image (22).jpeg image (23).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks awesome!!!! 5-6 minutes? Ouch. Why not just go gas?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Looks awesome!!!! 5-6 minutes? Ouch. Why not just go gas?

Have you ever flown a 50cc electric plane? (not being rude, honestly asking)

Instant power, no problems with a faulty engine, no mess, a TON quieter. Lots of fields don't allow gas planes before/after certain hours.

There are pros and cons to both...Andy flew a 104 with a 120 all this past year...flying a big electric plane is something special.

There are certain times and duties for certain planes. He'll have a few large gassers this year for long practice sessions.

(and 5-6 minute flight times don't really hinder a pilot like Andy who flies more then most of us)

+1, electric is sweet. What turned me on to electrics after 11 years of IC engines, not to mention no mess and being very quiet, is that there's no vibration to cause accumulative wear and tear on airframe and avionics over the long haul. That's especially handy for someone putting in daily 3D practice sessions and chalking up tons of flights per month on a single airframe.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Have you ever flown a 50cc electric plane? (not being rude, honestly asking)

Instant power, no problems with a faulty engine, no mess, a TON quieter. Lots of fields don't allow gas planes before/after certain hours.

There are pros and cons to both...Andy flew a 104 with a 120 all this past year...flying a big electric plane is something special.

There are certain times and duties for certain planes. He'll have a few large gassers this year for long practice sessions.

(and 5-6 minute flight times don't really hinder a pilot like Andy who flies more then most of us)

Hey djmoose! Nice to talk to you. I've heard great things about the tunes you've brought to one of the events someone was telling me about. It might have been Andy. Anyway, nope I have not had the pleasure of flying an electric that big. I have a couple including the small 48" Aerobeez Sbach 342. I love it but don't like the short flight times even though I can land and throw another batt in and go. It's a pain. But that's just me. I know for me I love the sound and smell of a big gasser. Nothing compares. But again that's just my opinion and as I get older it probably will change. The batts, esc and motors are coming down so much in price that one day they maybe the only thing available. Technology is changing so fast. Good chatin and great discussion.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
+1, electric is sweet. What turned me on to electrics after 11 years of IC engines, not to mention no mess and being very quiet, is that there's no vibration to cause accumulative wear and tear on airframe and avionics over the long haul. That's especially handy for someone putting in daily 3D practice sessions and chalking up tons of flights per month on a single airframe.

Now that makes perfect sense to me. Less vibration on an airframe can mean longer airframe life.... unless you're like me. LOL Crash Test Dummies come to mind right now. I must say I have only had two mishaps this past year and one was an easy repair, guess which one.... lol yup the electric.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Another big thing is being able to fly large planes at electric only events like SEFF.

Nice to meet you Mike!