• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Fast3D

50cc
ok this means there are some news. I tried that podcast. still cannot run it on this funny laptop of mine...! Thanks Gyro. I hope they do it. Imagine choosing between Velox88 vs similar size MXS! if they come out around the same time :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
ok this means there are some news. I tried that podcast. still cannot run it on this funny laptop of mine...! Thanks Gyro. I hope they do it. Imagine choosing between Velox88 vs similar size MXS! if they come out around the same time :)

Won't be a bigger velox. noll said they don't really sell enough of them. he said they're coming out with something "better"

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Won't be a bigger velox. noll said they don't really sell enough of them. he said they're coming out with something "better"

Listened last night. Makes sense that people don't tend to buy the unfamiliar planes (I had no clue it was real!)

Fast3D

50cc

That's kind of sad ; I 've always loved the Velox. I hope that something better would be a really good replacement.

Well guys, it looks like it's going to be electric.

I think we're going to go with the Hacker A50-14S V3 with a Hobby Wing Platinum Pro 100A V3 esc. We've had very good results with Hobby Wing in Helis and I want to try it out in our planes.

Im going to use our Kingmax CLS 6227 HV servos that have 375 oz of torque and .10 speed.

The only thing I'm going back and forth on is whether to use the built in 10A continuous 25A peak BEC, or stick in a Western Robotics Hercules.

Any opinions?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Not familiar with those servos and their current draw... But that internal BEC sounds robust and I suspect it'd be just fine.

One more question guys - ( well, at least one more. I'm sure I can come up with more in the future. :) )

I've got everything together and ready to mount electronics, but I haven't cut any cooling holes in the bottom of the fuse.

I live in Virginia where it can get to 100 degrees at times. Do I need to cut out cooling vents, and if so, how many?

I've seen pictures of velox's with 1 hole, 2 holes, and 3 holes cut out.

How much cooling do you think I'm going to need on 6S?

Thanks again!

gyro

GSN Contributor
One more question guys - ( well, at least one more. I'm sure I can come up with more in the future. :) )

I've got everything together and ready to mount electronics, but I haven't cut any cooling holes in the bottom of the fuse.

I live in Virginia where it can get to 100 degrees at times. Do I need to cut out cooling vents, and if so, how many?

I've seen pictures of velox's with 1 hole, 2 holes, and 3 holes cut out.

How much cooling do you think I'm going to need on 6S?

Thanks again!

Definitely cut holes, they're especially important on any electric.
On 6s, even more so as it's a little hotter running setup than an 8s.

Here is how mine is cut and I'm running 6s
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403487108.926027.jpg

I got to fly my 26cc gas one briefly today. Muffler came loose, but it kept on running. We thought it was just running rich. This has got to be the easiest landing airplane I own outside of bigfoot. It is just so stable in slow flight.

Well, I'm glad I decided on electric for the velox as I just got a great deal on an extreme flight 88" extra 300. It has a dl50 in it with hitec 7955tg's all around.

So the extra will help to scratch my gas itch. :)