• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Here is a quick hatcam video of me leaf blowing with mine with the RCGF 26BM installed.

[video=youtube;xdLVc834zRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLVc834zRA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

wade

50cc
Well, I wound up with a 70 velox with quite a bit of nose damage. I'm wondering if it's worth saving or not. I've seen planes repaired from worse shape, but just wanted to see what you all thought.

Aside from a mb kit, I will also need to get a new cowl and canopy.

velox 2.jpgvelox 3.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, I wound up with a 70 velox with quite a bit of nose damage. I'm wondering if it's worth saving or not. I've seen planes repaired from worse shape, but just wanted to see what you all thought.

Aside from a mb kit, I will also need to get a new cowl and canopy.

View attachment 18606View attachment 18607

Well, if you look at RCGirls 71 Slick rebuild, then this looks totally doable!

On another note, looks like I'll be actively rejoining this thread shortly.

70 Velox (red/yellow) will get Motrolfly 4325-425 spinning an 18x10, ZTW Gecko 125A ESC, 6s 5000mAh 45c Glacier Batteries, 4x Hitec HS-7985MG servos.

Can't wait!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Changed up the servo plan....

Thanks to [MENTION=2650]Mike Mayberry[/MENTION] for the quick replies. Ordered the new HS-5565MH servos instead.
.09 @ 194 oz/in oh yeah! :D

I use those on my Velox, 71" Slick, and the 70" EF Extra you saw at the Jersey FLI. Patrick also runs a set in his AW 260 Freestyle. We have had to send 1 each back for that wonderful Hitec service. Both issues were detected on the ground and fixed for free. As you can see they have become my standard 30cc servo.

I have those servos in my velox too and have nothing but praise for them. Quick, strong, and center precise and priced right. I run mine on 8 volts on my velox 70.

Mike

Looking for electric motor suggestions looking at motrofly 4325-380 for 6s or is there something better out now

Also looking easy mounting with the stock motor box. also anyone using the castle talon 90 esc or should I go with the castle edge

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looking for electric motor suggestions looking at motrofly 4325-380 for 6s or is there something better out now

Also looking easy mounting with the stock motor box. also anyone using the castle talon 90 esc or should I go with the castle edge

I'm in the process of installing that motor onto a new Velox today, and no, I don't think there is a better motor in this size. I went with a 425kv for an 18x10/19x8 prop. So for me, the Castle Talon 90 isn't enough, as I pulled 120a on mine with a 18x10 APC. Might want to get a larger Castle Edge ESC.

For mounting, I plugged the stock holes with dowel and epoxy, and will drill new holes for the motrolfly in an hour when it's fully set.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386956856.379500.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386956879.696126.jpg
[MENTION=33]ryan_m[/MENTION] has this same motor setup as well.

ryan_m

100cc

I did exactly as Gary said above this post. Plugged the stock holes with a dowel, drilled new ones. Did the same thing on one I just built for a friend, he used a Rimfire 120 in his. The X-mount there is even larger than the 4325 Motrolfly, I wound up plugging both the stock hole, and the other small holes drilled for mounting the motor box in the first place since the new x-mount hole was so close to those holes that I worried about structural strength. The motrolfly was much easier though, only drilling the stock mount holes. I sincerely wish that manufacturers would just stop drilling holes in the firewall. It would be so much easier (for me) to drill the holes where I want them. Mark the crosshairs, but no pre-drilled holes.