• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Baughie

30cc
Here are some pic's of my velox dle 20 7955's all around;) DSC_0153.jpgDSC_0239.jpgDSC_0241.jpgvelox.jpg

hey very nice... i had a blue one for awhile to to till i ditched it good and i loved that thing!!! got a a yellow one now tho...!!!

Time to get the mad scientist/beta tester hat on yet again. I randomly found this motor from clicking on a GiantScaleNews ad for RCGF Aerovate motors. I saw they had a 30cc twin (which is as vaporware as the DA-35). When trying to find info on that motor I found the Australian website which had the motors release order on it. I saw the second newest motor was a beam mount 26cc motor which weighs in a little less than my GT22 which is currently on the Velox. That plane needs more power, but I don't want the weight and balance issues the DLE-30 brings, especially after the experience I am getting with the 15cc project. Anyways just ordered this motor from BP Hobbies.

http://www.zjrcgf.com/ProductView.aspx?id=18953

gyro

GSN Contributor
Time to get the mad scientist/beta tester hat on yet again. I randomly found this motor from clicking on a GiantScaleNews ad for RCGF Aerovate motors. I saw they had a 30cc twin (which is as vaporware as the DA-35). When trying to find info on that motor I found the Australian website which had the motors release order on it. I saw the second newest motor was a beam mount 26cc motor which weighs in a little less than my GT22 which is currently on the Velox. That plane needs more power, but I don't want the weight and balance issues the DLE-30 brings, especially after the experience I am getting with the 15cc project. Anyways just ordered this motor from BP Hobbies.

This will be fun to follow!

hosam

70cc twin V2
just curious, what does a 70 Velox with a OS22 weigh?

my DLE 30 is tipping the scale at 9.75 pounds... I am going to try to reconfirm that number...

gyro

GSN Contributor
just curious, what does a 70 Velox with a OS22 weigh?

my DLE 30 is tipping the scale at 9.75 pounds... I am going to try to reconfirm that number...

Sounds a pinch low... Maybe that's a dry weight without rx batt?

Very curious about this engine as well. My 8s velox is great but charging is getting old. I'm looking for the happy medium between a dle 20 and a dle 30. I'll be watching your testing.

Mike

hosam

70cc twin V2
Okay, got to weigh the DLE 30 Velox on the Company's shipping scale and she is 10 lbs 3 oz fueled and RTF.

I am using a 8 ounce tank that (gives me 10 minutes of flight time with about 1.5 minute of spare flying) and no SFG installed.

I can shave 2.5 oz if I replace the rubber wheels with foamy wheels.