• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Well hey hold on.... move that battery ahead one length!!! thats where i was with the 20!!! My Bad!!!! had to thro some weight on the back tho with my 30!!! BUMMER!!!=(

Snow Dog in your reply to the request of some details on that 30 setup in the velox... I dont have much to say other than what i already said earlier in this thread that i come in at about 9.5 now that i pulled smoke system out and added a lil weight in the tail!!! thats gona be the MAX dry weight!!! prolly not quite 9.5!!! was only at like a hair over 9 with a 20!!! Im regulating one 2200 3 cell bat for ign. and servos so dont have the weight of 2 bats!!! The regular standoffs for a 30 are a quarter inch to long so that takes some modifying!!! Not sure what it does if you leave em long but... mayb some one has something to tell me about that!!!??? Runnin an 8 oz fortitude fuel tank and its plenty for me!!! I dont ever fly much over 5 minutes and that only burns like a third to half of the fuel!!! i dont do much full power stuff tho... only time i use full power is in a straight up out of a hover r somthin!!! Not as stable as it was with a 20 in it but i dont mind that much cuz LOVE LOVE LOVE the power!!!=)

Attachments

• 0228031725.jpg
    0228031725.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 252

SnowDog

Jordan,
Thanks for the info...that thing must be a beast on power with a 30 in there!

If you left those standoffs long, that would require even more tail weight, I think...so good that you cut them down.

yea snowdog that 30 is fast in that velox!!!=) i have become convinced along with my flying buds that 30 is the way to go in that velox!!! that weight i added with that 30 made that sucker lock into a harrier!!! and STABLE!!! WOW!!! like it is quite a bit better than with the 20!!! even the guys watching said the thing just just looked like it was more fun flying!!! if you go to 'ask joe smith' forum and look at where someone asked him 'Is lighter always better?' and you will see what i mean!!! thats the only explainable reason i can come up with!!! but i am SOLD on that setup... not going back!!!=)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, I've got all the components for my electric to DLE-20 conversion.
What size bolts should I use to attach the DLE to the black mounts?

I picked up a blue one over the weekend and had a few questions.

1. Those doing 8S Motrolfly 4325's, two elevator servos or 1?
2. ESC recommendation for using a Motrolfly 4325 310kv motor?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'm in the "buying" stage now before attacking assembly.

Thanks
Mike

gyro

GSN Contributor
I picked up a blue one over the weekend and had a few questions.

1. Those doing 8S Motrolfly 4325's, two elevator servos or 1?
2. ESC recommendation for using a Motrolfly 4325 310kv motor?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'm in the "buying" stage now before attacking assembly.

Thanks
Mike

Congrats Mike, it's another great plane from 3dhs!

For yours, I'd definitely do one elevator servo if you like neutral. I had the 4325 in mine, 1 elev servo, and with the 2 4s4000 packs on the wing tube, I was dead neutral. If you want to go tail heavy, then yes, depending on your batteries, you might need the dual elevator servos.
I used the ZTW 100A HV "A-Series" ESC in mine, (just sold it matter of fact!) and it worked great, stayed cool.

The ZTWs are for sale at Quantum Hobby and Altitude Hobbies.

Good luck!

-----

As for my Velox, and my Electric to Gas conversion, I made some good progress this weekend. I got the rudder servo moved to the tail and installed, the regulator, switch, IBEF, and fuel dot installed. I also mounted the beam mounts and the DLE-20, and installed the throttle servo and it's linkages, and finally the choke pull wire.
Will try and post some pictures later.

Getting there... just need to cut the cowl, finish mounting the gas tank, and do some balancing with the battery pack placement and she'll be ready...

Can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

econpatric

70cc twin V2
As for my Velox, and my Electric to Gas conversion, I made some good progress this weekend. I got the rudder servo moved to the tail and installed, the regulator, switch, IBEF, and fuel dot installed. I also mounted the beam mounts and the DLE-20, and installed the throttle servo and it's linkages, and finally the choke pull wire.
Will try and post some pictures later.

Getting there... just need to cut the cowl, finish mounting the gas tank, and do some balancing with the battery pack placement and she'll be ready...

Can't wait!

I am excited to see how that thing 3D's with the '20'! Will you be running the 17x6 Xoar on there?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I am excited to see how that thing 3D's with the '20'! Will you be running the 17x6 Xoar on there?

I sure will! At least initially... If I can get the engine to performe well enough for it, I may try a 17x7 falcon CF prop one day. But that is way down the road.