• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Letzrock

50cc
I have considered the gecko just always like the CC esc and there customer service has been real good to me also. I really hate this problem they are having. But I'm leaving my options open.

I talked to them at WRAM about this specific problem and they claimed the beta software they had out there seemed to be working. For my large Q80 I used a Scorpion HV ESC, which only worked on one timing setting. I talked to Joe Smith at the time as he was having problems with the Castle HV playing nice with that motor.

I was very frustrated at the time with the issue with both the Q80 and my A60-5S. All Aero-model said was to buy a $500 ESC from them. Can't remember if it was the Hacker or Jeti.

AKfreak

150cc
Sorry to but in here, a recent gecko owner, and used to castle only, how do you program the throttle end points with the gecko?

Letzrock

50cc
I talked to them at WRAM about this specific problem and they claimed the beta software they had out there seemed to be working. For my large Q80 I used a Scorpion HV ESC, which only worked on one timing setting. I talked to Joe Smith at the time as he was having problems with the Castle HV playing nice with that motor.

I was very frustrated at the time with the issue with both the Q80 and my A60-5S. All Aero-model said was to buy a $500 ESC from them. Can't remember if it was the Hacker or Jeti.

I have been debating on calling castle but I don't want to hear everything is fine it must be your motor. If I don't call they won't know there is a problem though. I really like CC esc's with hacker motors but now they are making me chose one ore the other.

ryan_m

100cc
It is on page 6 in the manual.

radio on, full throttle
plug in ESC, wait for beeps
reduce throttle to idle, wait for beeps and for the ESC to arm.

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/ztw_gecko_manual.pdf

Usually on the ZTW ESC's that I have owned I have to do that in order to even get them to arm the first time. It has become just a standard procedure for me now that I do with all non Castle ESC's. Nearly all the Hobbywing ones and Turnigy ones also program the endpoints this same way.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Also, to get max throttle resolution, make sure to adjust your EPA to 150 on both sides before the above procedure, so you get more "steps" in the throttle and can use the full resolution.

SnowDog

Perfect. that's great considering the price difference between ztw and cc! and it seems that the perfromance of ztw is nothing less than cc.

that is correct...ZTW's have been working well for me for the last two years...Rock solid