• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

windshear

New to GSN!
Someone promised to buy my electrics but he changed his mind! anyway, now I am planning to upgrade my velox from
Hacker A50-16s on 6s
CC ICE 100
CC bec pro

to
Motrofly 4325-425 on 6s x 18x10; I am not sure yet I might go with 4330
CC Edge lite 130
cc bec pro

any suggestions? the first setup is extremely underpowered.

I have the 4325-380 with at 19X10 prop. This has a lot of power. It blast out of a hover. Unless you need Ludicrous Power I don't see using anything else.

ryan_m

100cc
No need for the 4330 on the Velox, I have the same motor you are proposing, with the 425 kv, and so does [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], and trust me, it's plenty! Lots of power, and lots of speed. Great match for the plane if you like high energy crankshafts and pop tops.

gyro

GSN Contributor
No need for the 4330 on the Velox, I have the same motor you are proposing, with the 425 kv, and so does [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], and trust me, it's plenty! Lots of power, and lots of speed. Great match for the plane if you like high energy crankshafts and pop tops.

Yup, completely agree!

Fast3D

50cc
I think I would need more than 100A for 4325. Also I would never go 8s on my Velox so I dont need HV. I was looking at the prices, they are very inexpensive compared to CC. The only thing is the fact that I have Castle link and likely I have to pay for something similar for the ZTWs.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think I would need more than 100A for 4325. Also I would never go 8s on my Velox so I dont need HV. I was looking at the prices, they are very inexpensive compared to CC. The only thing is the fact that I have Castle link and likely I have to pay for something similar for the ZTWs.

You can field program a ZTW with your radio, or pay like $9 for their LCD screen programmer

Letzrock

50cc
CC edge and a Hacker a60-5xs update. Running firmware 4.19 it seems like the speed controller can't keep up. If you advance the throttle slowly it reaches full speed(2200 watts 95 amps) but if you pump the throttle quick it will not reach full speed. With my throttle speed set to 7 everything works fine but I prefer 10. If anyone has a ice100 for sale let me know please.