• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

hey for electric should I put in the bulsa firewall included in the kit the instructions said this is good to keep oil out of fuse but did not say if I should install in on electric. I feel like I am asking to many questions, lol I am so use to knowing what to do with my helis.

gyro

GSN Contributor
well I have a few issues and I cant believe how they are not open and no answer to my emails and said they would reopen on jan 2 today is the fourth still same message on there answering machine. but here are before and after. thanks for the idea gyro
View attachment 20014View attachment 20015View attachment 20016View attachment 20017

hey for electric should I put in the bulsa firewall included in the kit the instructions said this is good to keep oil out of fuse but did not say if I should install in on electric. I feel like I am asking to many questions, lol I am so use to knowing what to do with my helis.

Looks great Paulie, much better.

Don't feel like you're asking too many questions! Thats what this forum is all about. I personally didn't install any of the extra balsa since I'm also running electric. You want the air to move into/through the fuse so it goes over the batteries to aid in cooling. Make sure you cut a vent on the underside of the aircraft. You can see the locations when peering down into the fuse with the canopy off.

Yup I cut them out already. I still have to bring my motor forward at least 5-8mm. Is that normal. If so I think I have to get longer bolts.

I ordered some of their EPP glue on the 31st and no shipping notice so I think 3DHS is still shut down. I hope my new 74 edge is done correctly. It still in the box. I have a spare cowl so hopefully one will work.

no excuse

I ordered some of their EPP glue on the 31st and no shipping notice so I think 3DHS is still shut down. I hope my new 74 edge is done correctly. It still in the box. I have a spare cowl so hopefully one will work.

There is no excuse that I could not get in touch with them or get a response to my emails since Dec 26. This day and age they can answer emails from there phones. Just a heads up with why they are closed and when they will be open. Just common courtesy.:thumbsdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to space motor 4325-425 forward to clear cowl. The bolts for the motor mount are to short to space but the bolts to connect the electric motor box to main firewall are really long can it be space there.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have to space motor 4325-425 forward to clear cowl. The bolts for the motor mount are to short to space but the bolts to connect the electric motor box to main firewall are really long can it be space there.

Get longer bolts to space the motor to the firewall. I wouldn't mess with the bolts on the box extension. They're also M5 versus the M4 you need to mount the motor.
I had to space mine too, it's normal. I got some4 bolts at Home Depot.

SnowDog

Don't forget about one of our sponsors on this site, TrimcraftAviationRC.com - they have a huge selection of all kinds of SAE and metric bolts, nuts, servo screws, blind nuts, washers, etc.

There is no excuse that I could not get in touch with them or get a response to my emails since Dec 26. This day and age they can answer emails from there phones. Just a heads up with why they are closed and when they will be open. Just common courtesy.:thumbsdown:

I got my twisted order in and have no glue! I have plenty of Welders, but all my old foamies have that yellow dinge to them and my CY mini is pretty still as I used foam cure. I just ordered a few bottles from another supplier. None of the LHSs stock the stuff. I purposely ordered it from 3DHS to support them, even if in a small way. This is not a easy business to be in, but their site clearly says they would be back at it last week.