• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

gyro

GSN Contributor
Paulie, looks like the motor is pretty well centered to me. Can you take a peak at the cowl ring? I've had a couple 3dhs Edges lately where the cowl ring was glued incorrectly.

Also, since you're going electric, I suspect you potentially could remove the cowl ring entirely, and simply center the cowl on the motor, then screw it down. I've had big gas planes with no cowl ring, and everything worked fine.

here are some more pics I am going to fill the holes again and raise them and center hole by 5mm. what do you think the wood glue I am using is stronger then the wood 20140104_195555.jpg20140104_195659.jpg20140104_195726.jpg20140104_200441.jpg
Paulie, can you post a photo of the firewall without the motor on it for me to see?

G

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
here are some more pics I am going to fill the holes again and raise them and center hole by 5mm. what do you think the wood glue I am using is stronger then the wood

Don't reposition the motor if it is already centered both horizontally and vertically on the firewall, you'll mess up the thrust line

gyro

GSN Contributor
So remove the wood inside the cowl.

It's an option if it's not installed correctly, and the motor is.

Did you cut away the bottom part of the cowl so that it slides completely onto the plane? If it's not seated correctly (the cowl ring isn't flush with the firewall) then that will also cause the motor to look misaligned.

well I have a few issues and I cant believe how they are not open and no answer to my emails and said they would reopen on jan 2 today is the fourth still same message on there answering machine. but here are before and after. thanks for the idea gyro
20140104_184224.jpg20140104_184241.jpg20140104_211522.jpg20140104_211545.jpg