• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D GRAVEYARD (Post pics of the mangled old bones that used to be your Airplane!)

3DMad5

50cc
Not a 3D plane, but yet another one almost completely resurrected!

After a 60mph dirt nap:
photo (5).JPG

After repairs:
photo (4).JPG

I still need to work out how to repair/replace the main spar, as carbon fibre is hard to come by in Ireland, and it is quite expensive when you can find it.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Edit: that was weird and embarrassing... thought I was responding to a flying buddy's text :p

Last edited by a moderator:

3DMad5

50cc
Wow nice job man!

Thanks! I'm finding that repairs are not as hard as the mangled remains of a plane would suggest. Of course practice does help...

Wish it was easy to ship you some carbon rod. Cheap here.

Thanks man. I've been looking all over the internet for it, it's dirt cheap in places like HobbyKing, but shipping prices increase dramatically when there's a 750mm long tube to be shipped :(

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Hey! Just do some 1/4" balsa with some thin 1/4 carbon on both sides. Makes a super strong spar. Shipping would be cheap. You coukd use carbon tow and epoxy too.