• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

Abrams

50cc
That is what I am debating. Either a metal rod with a nylon clevis at the carb and nylon ball socket on the servo or metal clevis at the carb with golden rod and nylon ball socket at the servo. I'm having a hard time thinking a nylon clevis is sufficient, but I've always used some sort of nylon on the throttle joints to eliminate frequencies.

And of course the DLE manual says locate the servo at least 12" from the engine, which is what I did on my Cap232. I guess 3DHS breaks all the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I am stuck using a solid pushrod, I use the Dubro servo arms as they have more flex than the stock hitec arms. All my linkages are either metal clevis or ball links. I don't think I have used nylon on any gassers, but they are on some glow stuff of mine. I would have to look through the fleet.

Abrams

50cc
Enterprise, thanks for the golden rod suggestion. That is what I ended up doing. I used a metal clevis at the carb and a nylon ball socket at the servo arm.

image.jpg

FYI, the DLE 35 muffler barely fits. It required a little carving.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Abrams

50cc
Build is going well. I'm pretty please with te quality, with one exception. It appears the paint didn't adhese to the cowl along the edge. I picked up the cowl off of the bench and there was a chip about 1" long and 1/4" wide. The rest of the paint along the edge looks to me like there is air behind it. I'm getting to the point that I'm going to need to put the cowl on to see how it is going to balance.

I don't think I've ever seen a pretty shiny red cowl than this one... except for that paint chip. It makes the flaw REALLY stick out. If I dropped in on the floor or something, that would be one thing, but I didn't.

The tough thing about these specialty shops is they are really hard to get anyone on the phone or an answer on email. It can take days. Before I bought the plane, I called and emailed more than five times. When I finally got someone on the phone, I was so shocked, I forgot half of what I wanted to ask.

One thing I will say is the turnaround on purchase is really quick. I guess if I really want it, I can buy it for $32 plus shipping. They'll turn the purchase around a lot faster than answer a question.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Build is going well. I'm pretty please with te quality, with one exception. It appears the paint didn't adhese to the cowl along the edge. I picked up the cowl off of the bench and there was a chip about 1" long and 1/4" wide. The rest of the paint along the edge looks to me like there is air behind it. I'm getting to the point that I'm going to need to put the cowl on to see how it is going to balance.

I don't think I've ever seen a pretty shiny red cowl than this one... except for that paint chip. It makes the flaw REALLY stick out. If I dropped in on the floor or something, that would be one thing, but I didn't.

The tough thing about these specialty shops is they are really hard to get anyone on the phone or an answer on email. It can take days. Before I bought the plane, I called and emailed more than five times. When I finally got someone on the phone, I was so shocked, I forgot half of what I wanted to ask.

One thing I will say is the turnaround on purchase is really quick. I guess if I really want it, I can buy it for $32 plus shipping. They'll turn the purchase around a lot faster than answer a question.

I'd recommend pursing a warranty replacement if there is a manufacturing defect... You shouldn't have to pay for something outside your control.

Send an email with photos to info@3dho.... And they should get back to you at some point.

Abrams

50cc
I'd recommend pursing a warranty replacement if there is a manufacturing defect... You shouldn't have to pay for something outside your control.

Send an email with photos to info@3dho.... And they should get back to you at some point.

Have emailed and called. Waiting for an answer. I'm getting close to needing it to figure out the weight. Just don't know what will happen in I cut into it to use it as a stand-in while I wait on the other one.

Also remember that you need to cut a bit of the back bottom of the cowl out to get it to fit. This part of what they did to stop the canopy's from blowing off when they made the 70 from the 68/