• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

Can't hurt. On my gasser conversions I had to beef up the firewalls. Add some triangle to get more surface area on the inside.

Abrams

50cc
Ooooohhhh... it gets way more interesting. The DLE 30 is a tight squeeze to get the footprint of the standoffs on the fire. The bigger jug on the DLE 35-RA makes for a little wider footprint. OOPS!!!

I love an engineering challenge. Notice the bottom right hole.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

I can't believe you are going to try to stuff a DLE-35 into a Velox!

Are you going to be able to balance the plane?

Abrams

50cc
I agonized and research for about a week before I decide to go ahead. The weight difference between the DLE 30 and the DLE 35-RA is less than 2 ounces. I actually got physical weights before I made my decision. If a 30 will balance, I'll get a 35 to balance. It might take an ounce more at the end of the tail, but it will work.

Epoxy on a piece of square stock, insert a threaded insert in the proper hole position and triangle the square stock. You might have to cut the bolt to get it to fit properly. I usually use blind nuts, but I think that will work.

Abrams

50cc
Here is what I came up with.

Firewall doubler to go on the back side. Brings the firewall up to the recommended 10mm.
image.jpg

Trimming to make the doubler fit.
image.jpg

Bolt, washer and standoff installed.
image.jpg

Triangle stock in the inside of the firewall.
image.jpg

Finished product.
image.jpg

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
sorry, I was on an early page in the thread. Irrelevant comment since you made a decision and started the build. Good work so far. That thing is going to haul! Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator: