• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

35CC 3D Plane

Abrams

50cc
Okay, I reached someone on the phone. I'll put a posistive spin on this. What they lack in customer service skills, they must make up for in OUTSTANDING airframes... I hope. That was just an awkward conversation.

In all fairness, I read an article recently about how difficult it is getting to find skilled workers in China. They want more money. It is getting difficult to get the quality and quantity. That is going to mean that the vendors are going to have to eat some profit, get tighter on warranty claims or charge more.

I'll have to send a picture of the cowl and the order number to info@3d... They're not going to want the old one back, so I can continue the build, get the balance right, maybe get it up in the air while I wait. They'll have to back order the cowl, so I'm expecting it will take a while.

The question I was trying to get answered before was how long a wait for a 71" AJ Slick. A couple of weeks ago they said 6 or 8 weeks. I'm sure they are hurting for stock in general right now.

SnowDog

past experience with 3DHS shows that some airframes, especially the 71 Slick, can be out of stock for long periods of time. Last year that airframe was out of stock for months. :( yes, the airframe is that good...it is worth the wait...but only you can decide how long is too long.

I've seen a few of these airframes for sale (used) on the internet, it is worth looking around to see what is out there on any particular day.

Abrams, where are you located?

(p.s. yes, not to rub it in, but that is a 71" Slick in my avatar pic) ;)

Lots of Michiganders here. I seem to get some quality time layovers over at metro. Maybe I can rent a car and hang out sometime at the field.

Abrams

50cc
Sure. It's going to be a rough summer for me with all the baseball this year, but I'd be happy to do it if the time is available. I fly at flying pilgrims in Canton, which, I think is the closest club to the airport.

Abrams

50cc
I like gas for longer flight times. I'm sure electric flies better though. It's personal preference.

I'm not a good one to ask on engine size. I haven't flown my little science experiment yet.

SnowDog

I'm probably going to order a Velox also. My two questions, electric or gas, and if gas what motor?

The Velox question usually stirs quite a bit of debate...it is a great plane, on electric and gas. For electric, the Motrofly 4330 is (I believe) the standard motor that most people recommend. For gas, most people recommend a DLE-20 but some have actually stuffed a DLE30 or even a DLE-35 into this airframe, and I think with careful attention to CG, have been able to fly it just fine.

I think the first questions to ask yourself are:

are you comfortable with 6-8 minute flight times?
if yes, then an electric config is a strong option
if you prefer longer flight times, a gasser is a better option.

this plane flies amazingly well in either configuration, it usually turns out to be what you prefer most.

This very thread was started to answer just that question. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Great! I'll try to get a flight or two on some gas planes to make the comparison. My most important factor is which flies better (or lighter, in most cases)