• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

30cc and 60cc airframes

Thanks for the feedback on the 88" EF pricing. I told the guy already I was going to pass on his offer. I'm going to stick with my 3DHS 74" edge while I'm building my 2.3m CARF Edge. Need to focus on getting some stick time on my 74" Edge and burn some fuel. I'm going to install a VVRC 40cc Twin on my 74" Edge so that should be fun. Thanks for the feedback!

Let us know how the twin works in the 74. I have one NIB I got on Black Friday that I have not decided what to do with yet.

Let us know how the twin works in the 74. I have one NIB I got on Black Friday that I have not decided what to do with yet.

Will do once I get the VVRC 40cc Twin. They are out of stock right now of the CM6 angled plug version right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is the small plug version in the 78. I have to stock those plugs for my evolutions so that is NBD to me and I prefer the small footprint.

Mine is the small plug version in the 78. I have to stock those plugs for my evolutions so that is NBD to me and I prefer the small footprint.

Where do you get those small plugs at? Is there any advantages/dis-advantages between the 1/4x32 and the CM6? I figure the CM6 is the most common.

Back on the fence thinking about selling the 74" Edge and getting a 30% Pilot Edge 540. Sold my DLE-30 last week and sold all the extra props I had for it. Almost pulled the trigger on the VVRC 40cc Twin over the weekend but didn't. Found out last night on a different forum how long the 30% Pilot Edge 540 fuse was with the rudder removed. With the 30% Pilot Edge 540 rudder removed the fues is as long as my 74" Edge. So bottom line is transportation is not going to be an issue with the 30% Pilot Edge 540 since the rudder is removable. So now this go my wheels turning thinking if I should keep the 74" Edge and get the 40cc twin for it or sell the 74" Edge with servos, switches, fuel dot and spinner and put the funds towards the 30% Pilot Edge, DA60 with JTec Pitts muffler. I would have to put my 2.3m CARF build on hold since I would use some of the components from that project to build the 30% Pilot Edge. No sure what I'm going to do. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Go bigger! Get the 30% - my buddy actually found a deal on this very plane - the pilot 30% Edge 540 in the awesome green scheme...NIB for a steal...he's got a DA-60 in his, should be ready when flying season gets here!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah...finding a great deal is always a hit or miss. I really like the pilot 30% Edge blue silver and black scheme.

My buddy [MENTION=514]gapple12[/MENTION] had the 37% in the blue/silver/black.
It was simply gorgeous