• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
It's time!!

WP_20170411_001.jpg

I've been over the whole airframe about 6 million times, everything s crossed off the list.

WP_20170411_002.jpg

Time to start slingin' some Dope!

WP_20170411_004.jpg

First coat of Nitrate is on all the little parts.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My apologies for not staying tuned in lately. I just had to see what you have been up to. And holy smokes! You been a buzy lil beaver huh?! I was wondering though...how exactly do you get those awesome props to follow you home? Is it a special talent? Or maybe a slight of hand, a wave of the wand and "PRESTO"...instant "AWESOMENESS"!! Love that scale prop. Really looking forward to your next update. Beautiful work. Really beautiful!

Bipeguy03

150cc
My apologies for not staying tuned in lately. I just had to see what you have been up to. And holy smokes! You been a buzy lil beaver huh?! I was wondering though...how exactly do you get those awesome props to follow you home? Is it a special talent? Or maybe a slight of hand, a wave of the wand and "PRESTO"...instant "AWESOMENESS"!! Love that scale prop. Really looking forward to your next update. Beautiful work. Really beautiful!

I gave the man who trained the prop $20 and he gave me a quick lesson on commands, its really a well trained little guy. He followed me around for a few hours and then jumped right in the car with me ;)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Do you give everything or just the edges were the cloth ends three coats of nitrate.
nice to follow this build, good looking plane.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Do you give everything or just the edges were the cloth ends three coats of nitrate.
nice to follow this build, good looking plane.

I'm giving everything that the covering touches 2 coats and if I need more then I'll put a third were the seams will be.

You want the wood to start to get a satin sheen and have a plastic feel. That way the Nitrate you put the covering on with melts into the Nitrate on the wood and kinda welds everything together.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I believe I still have some dope laying around what would you think if I gave the plane single coat of dope sanded it and plastic coated it.