• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I found a High Voltage Savox that has more than enough torque for less money. I'm on a tight budget, so every penny counts :) The Pro Modelers are great but even the smaller servos were over kill for the Krier.
I was looking at the ProModler but decided on getting MKS777 just have to figure how.

Bipeguy03

150cc
While she waits to be covered, I had to see it somewhere other than the build bench. It was too windy to go outside, I just took it out into the hanger

It don't look outta place with my Ultimate :)

Sight_2017_04_04_235128_128.jpg

Sight_2017_04_04_235226_501.jpg

That's my 100cc PAU Ultimate, the Krier definitely looks bigger than it really is lol

pawnshopmike

Staff member
That's a Sid Morgan Cub. My friend (the guy I built the Hurley Extra for) his dad started that back in the 70's and I'm going to cover it for him after we get the engine install figured out.
Wow. I thought that wood had some age on it. It's old as me!
Can't wait to follow along with that one too.:way_to_go:

Bipeguy03

150cc
Covering goodies are here, minus the Red and White which will be from Aircraft Spruce.

WP_20170407_005.jpg

WP_20170407_004.jpg

Have some sanding to do, then take it back apart and it will be ready to start brushing on some Nitrate.

WP_20170407_001.jpg

A generic bubble canopy, and some flat clear stock to make the canopy after she's covered. Actually bought 2 canopies, an extra in case I screw up lol.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Love those scale props. :yesss:

I know right! They look exactly like a Sensenich right down to the emblem on the blade. It's not really scale on the Krier as the full scale had an Aeromatic prop, but it doesn't look out of place.

Now I just need to get my dad's machinist friend to machine a little off of the prop hub to make it shorter, so the prop doesn't look like it's sticking out in the middle of nowhere lol