• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Not quite sure of the question but if I understanding you correctly the fuselage is 5/8 thick. I was fortunate I had block of balsa and just ran it through the bandsaw and cut a couple of slabs of 5/8 balsa and then just cut off what I needed.
Around front it is 3/8 with a 1/8 plywood plate on either side.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Rudder and elevator are all glued in and have all the deflection that I believe the plane will need.

D64B2AA7-CD82-49B2-B27E-182821CEF595.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It will not have a spinner it was easier with the back plate on to check to make sure that everything was straight and square. It will be removed. Just not sure what to do with the front of prop and engine, the two nuts and washer does not look cool.

I gues BalsaDust is best to answer the question. The template sheet for the fuse parts has some that are 1/4" and the same parts in 3/8". I'm guessing I cut both and laminate them together?? I am pondering a 3/4" fuse. I also kept my verical fin at 3/8".

BalsaDust

Yes laminate them together. You can go 3/4" fuse if you want but 5/8" will be plenty strong. Yes Vertical fin should be 3/8" if built per the plans. Snoopy did his slightly different as he ended up air foiling the control surfaces, but doing it per plans the way I would is build the fuse as one piece. Then build the fin as a separate piece all together and glue onto the fuse after the fact.

Thanks dustybalsa!! I'm going to do the fin just as you said. Maybe I will just stick with a 5/8" fuse. Now I need to take another trip to hobby lobby:)