• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

I gave the intermediate a try yesterday and the only maneuver I was having issues with was the p loop with the negative snap on exit; it's always a little unnerving to perform a neg snap after getting that much speed after pushing down low. The spin was relatively simple, you don't have to draw much of a line preceding the roll so you can knock it out pretty quickly before running into the ground. the inverted  start roller was actually easier than an upright. I'm really looking forward to learning this sequence.

BikeRacer, is this your first year in Intermediate as well?  Are you making you Immelman especially tall to get set up for a spin with an extra half on the down?  If you over or under rotate your spin do you fix it before the half starts or leave it and compensate with over or under-rotation on the remaining half roll?  Thanks for your thoughts on your 2015 Int. sequence work so far!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Eric and Arron....when you are learning the combination rolling elements, like in maneuver #2 focus first on executing the full roll....then pause...then do a nice 1/2 roll....then pause....and then do the push 1/2 loop up.  Slowing thing down like this is better for learning.  Once you get it down, then start putting it together with the brief(perceptible) pause called for in the judging criteria.

It's very easy to screw up the one part of a combo-roll when you're thinking too much about the other.  Slow down the execution for learning!

Same with the spin.  Do the 1 1/4, stop it and get the plane to track vertically....then do the 1/2 roll in the opposite direction.  Again, after perfecting the 1st part (the spin), then show a brief pause and do the 1/2 roll.

Same with #8....after pulling over the top, establish your 45 track, do a 1/2 roll....pause and get the plane back on track if needed....then do the opposite pos snap.  Tie it back together again, once you've mastered that combo rolling element.

Bikeracer...If you over or under rotate, just hold that and fix it with the roll.  It is up to the judges to see the downgrade for the spin rotation.  They should not deduct for the added/subtracted roll as well....since that is double-dipping and not per the criteria.  If you fix any over or under rotation and THEN do the correct rolling element, you have just SHOUTED to the judge how far off you were! 

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
A couple of other thoughts.  

• Learn to do belly hammers!  
  • Learn to do your rollers in both directions (L&R) as well as starting upright or inverted.
  • Learn to do rolling 90's coming IN  (you WILL see them in unknowns)

Thanks Earle!  As you probably saw, Wayne, Brad and others were helping on the IMAC site as well.  It's great to have some support as we get ready for what will be a challenging season.  The combinations are where all the learning curve is at.  Aaron is fine inverted.
We were dinged on a lot of Immelmans this year for not pushing soon enough after the 2 point and we will fix that for this season once we get the combination down in #2.  We will make the Immelman HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE 
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif
  LOL!
+1 on the belly hammers.  They will be important.  On the rollers, you know Aaron and rolling circles...
topsy_turvy.png
 I think he is up for doing them in or out. As long as they are 90 degrees, they should be one of his better figures.  Too bad they aren't worth very much in terms of "K."  

JBenson

50cc
Unlimited looks pretty sweet. Not quite ready to move up but I am definitely going to practice this one.

JB