• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

FYI..... The Official 2015 Basic, Sportsman and Intermediate are now posted on the front page of the IMAC website. We are still fine tuning the Advanced and will then complete that before getting deeper into the Unlimited.

Wayne

tl3

50cc
encouragement.png

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
aarestor said
Time to start practicing.
I ran through the sportsman a dozen times on the sim tonight before I got sick of the sim.      Is #1 supposed to start show center or start at the right or does not matter??        Going to be fun, I'll look forward to running through it with you this weekend Gene.

tl3

50cc
Terryscustom said

aarestor said
Time to start practicing.
I ran through the sportsman a dozen times on the sim tonight before I got sick of the sim.      Is #1 supposed to start show center or start at the right or does not matter??        Going to be fun, I'll look forward to running through it with you this weekend Gene.

Well, the short answer is it doesn't matter.  However, as a pilot you want to place a maneuver where it can be optimally judged for its geometry and elements, and best positions you for the figures that follow.  That particular figure - 7/8ths loop - is best positioned such that the loop apex is "on center."  Remember to enter the figure on a slightly higher than normal base-line to give yourself the proper altitude to complete 45 line segment.

Tseres

150cc
Just got home from vacation and seen the 2015 Sportsman knowns. Challenging to do well but not overwhelming. Nice Job Rules Committee.

aarestor

70cc twin V2
Weather co-operated this weekend and I got to try the Sportsman sequence. It was fun figuring it out, now practice, practice, practice.

Guys, just caught up with you and read the entire thread.  Thanks to everyone involved in sequence development.  We hardly ever really "like" an unknown, but it's always a challenge.  At least we have new stuff to fly.  Aaron had a great season on a great plane in Sportsman this year.  The advice and coaching we received from fellow competitors, and judges alike, proved invaluable.  The scores really showed this in the later parts of the season.  By the time we were at the NE Regionals, the competition was fierce as everyone had improved so much.  Now, Aaron has decided to make the move to Intermediate for 2015.  We were discussing it with the stickplane the other day at the local pizza place and looking back on the improvements made this year at the same time; trying to look for things to watch out for.  That said, if anyone could be so kind, please offer some of the typical pitfalls for an Intermediate newb.  And, maybe point out a couple things to watch for on the 2015 Intermediate known.  The entrance to the Immelman with the one roll and opposite half looks like it might be tricky and the 1-1/4 spin that's followed by a half roll; these "look" difficult to a newb.  No intended hi-jack of the thread here.  Send a PM or answer here.  We will take any help we can get.  Practice starts soon but don't want to learn any bad habits if we can avoid it. Thanks for all you do!