• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Geez....just a simple little plain vanilla 17K slide! At least they coulda put an upline snap or two in there :msn_slap:

aarestor

70cc twin V2
Question; In the 2015 Sportsman #4 is a 1 1/4 spin and seems like it should be directional, but how do you influence the spin to be directional with out getting a zero?

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Question; In the 2015 Sportsman #4 is a 1 1/4 spin and seems like it should be directional, but how do you influence the spin to be directional with out getting a zero?
Yes, the spin is directional. In a left to right pattern you will go left to take it out or right to bring it in. Personally, I lean on the rudder just a tad just before the break in favor of which way I want the spin to go.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Although in a strong crosswind the plane will be crabbing into the wind, so you might as well spin it in that direction. I've seen winds that had the plane at a full 90 deg crab, so the first 1/4 of a 1 1/4 spin is already taken care of....just spin 1 rotation and you're golden!

tl3

50cc
Geez....just a simple little plain vanilla 17K slide! At least they coulda put an upline snap or two in there :msn_slap:
Yeah, you'd thought so...nearly every other upline is gonna need an io 580 and hartzell claw, ...why such a pedestrian ts? ;-)

aarestor

70cc twin V2
Yes, the spin is directional. In a left to right pattern you will go left to take it out or right to bring it in. Personally, I lean on the rudder just a tad just before the break in favor of which way I want the spin to go.
Thanks, I will practice until it looks correct.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
I would love to see a few of the FAI maneuvers added to the IMAC and IAC catalog. Things like the double immelman's, cobra's, and figure M's would be pretty cool and I think very doable in IMAC/IAC airplanes. I kind of think those maneuvers could give a little more variety to the sequences

Hi Earle... The thinking goes a little deeper than that. We have not had a Tail Slide in the Knowns since 2004... That is 10 years ago. The ISC has deliberated on this every year and have looked on the pros/cons of including it in a known. It can be argued that judging anomalies in recognizing a proper tail slide is going to cause controversy hence scoring arguments. On the other side of the coin, Family 6 is in the Aresti Catalog and are legal figures, such as what is in the full scale IAC 2014 Unlimited sequence.

The deciding factor this year was that the BOD indicated that they would like to see one.

There is a big difference to performing a specific T/Slide (i.e. wheels up/wheels/down), as you well know, in a full scale as compared to a model.

The situation with the T/Slide is that the wind can come from any direction... including quartering on either side of downwind. If we were to add elements on the figure, making the K value higher, it would be difficult for a pilot to stay in the 900 range of scores if he/she zeroes the tailslide (with a high K value), if they are up against a top class pilot who is consistently flying in the 8-9 points range. By keeping the K value at it's lowest, a pilot can zero the tail slide but still keep his/her score reasonable in the Knowns and then hopefully shine in the Unknown(s).

Just thought I would pass that on.
Wayne