• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Another newb question... clarify the roll nomenclature ... 2x8 vs 3/4 the 'x' vs the '/' ?? I get a 3/4 snap... but there must be more to this

I thought I understood it but obviously not... the 2x8 and the end of the loop in four looks like a knife edge exit... which can't be right...

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yes Terry. #1 and #2 are entered inverted (and end inverted) and have 3 complete rolls incorporated into a 270 deg turn, rolling the same direction as the turn. #9 is the same but entered and ended upright.

Ideally each roll encompasses 90 degrees of turn, although there is no downgrade in IMAC for being ahead or behind on that....only that the last roll ends on the appropriate heading that the 270 deg turn ends on. Also, the roll rate, turn radius and altitude must remain constant throughout the maneuver.

And yes, that 4x8 point roll needs to be centered IN THE LOOP, which means it could be flown (if one is good enough) so that the 4x8 starts as the loop starts and ends when the loop is completed. Us mere mortals just tried to center it in the bottom segment of the loop while keeping it round. Lots of fun.....so are 1/2 negative snaps at the bottom of a 1/2 neg loop :dancing-poop:.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
mndless;20089 wrote: Another newb question... what is the difference in the roll nomenclature ... 2x8 vs 3/4 the 'x' vs the '/' ??

I thought I understood it but obviously not... the 2x8 and the end of the loop in four looks like a knife edge exit... which can't be right...
When you see an "x" it means a segment of a point roll....such as 2x8 is two points of an 8-point roll. If it was shown as 3/4 it is three-quarters (continuous roll) of a full roll. 3x4 would mean three points of a 4-point roll.

The dashed line indicates a negative flight condition.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Pistolera;20092 wrote: When you see an "x" it means a segment of a point roll....such as 2x8 is two points of an 8-point roll. If it was shown as 3/4 it is three-quarters (continuous roll) of a full roll. 3x4 would mean three points of a 4-point roll.

The dashed line indicates a negative flight condition.

So.. you exit the loop in 4 in knife edge ?? ack

Robotech

70cc twin V2
mndless;20096 wrote: So.. you exit the loop in 4 in knife edge ?? ack

Figure 4 is a Cuban. You exit the radius portion to a 45 up line. On the 45 degree up line there is a 2 of 8 that put you in a knife edge entering the 1 and 3/4 roll on the same line. The 1 and 3/4 roll puts you back level.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
mndless;20096 wrote: So.. you exit the loop in 4 in knife edge ?? ack

It's a 2x8 followed by a 3/4 roll if I'm reading it correctly.

When the 2015's come out we should start an IMAC for Dummies thread mndless:smile-new: I know I'll have a lot of questions.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Terryscustom;20112 wrote: It's a 2x8 followed by a 3/4 snap if I'm reading it correctly.

When the 2015's come out we should start an IMAC for Dummies thread mndless:smile-new: I know I'll have a lot of questions.

No. It's a continuous 1 and 3/4 roll. Snaps are drawn as a triangle. Red ones are negative snaps.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Figure #4 is actually called a "Goldfish".....and Robotec is correct, you center (on the 45 deg line) a 2x8 (2 points of an 8-point) roll and then do an opposite direction, 1 and 3/4 (continuous) roll to inverted. Exiting the maneuver level, inverted.

EVERY maneuver begins and ends in level flight, either upright or inverted.

A guy that is new to IMAC should go through the training program located at www.mini-iac.com located under the training tab. You will learn how to read ARESTI which is what you are asking about plus much, much more.

It may take you several days to go through the program and digest what you have learned but it is well worth the time and effort1