• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
All is forgiven....wink, wink :grouphug:. Actually, my plan is to practice that sumbitch till I can fly it left, right, in and out :fist-pump-and-yes-s

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Pistolera;19977 wrote: All is forgiven....wink, wink :grouphug:. Actually, my plan is to practice that sumbitch till I can fly it left, right, in and out :fist-pump-and-yes-s

That will most certainly guarantee it won't show up next year!

Looking forward to seeing what 2015 Sportsman has this for next year, having a fun-fly where we have one of our IMAC events and we were talking about maybe a couple rounds for fun.

tl3

50cc
Pistolera;19903 wrote: I'd like to shoot my brethren that put together the Advanced unkown we flew at the NE Regional Finals at Black Dirt, NY yesterday. THREE rolling 270's and one rolling ninety.....:disturbed:

I actually wallowed my way thru them, but my mind was so twisted outta shape by then that I couldn't fly a straight line :funny-laughing-smil:msn-slapping:
With all due respect to the members of the ISC, this is not an appropriately written unk. Unks should be a test of the skill set required to compete in the class. An unk that focuses 40 percent of the sequence on one type of maneuver does not fit that bill. What's more, with the issues facing IMAC regarding sound and fly-over, a sequence with four rolling turn elements, no matter how carefully constructed, is not the most responsible use of the Aresti catalog. Now, before folks jump down my throat about the ISC being a volunteer group, over-worked, and under appreciated, I know all too well the pleasantries of serving on the committee as I was myself a member for several years. And, yes, I certainly have contributed some stinkers to the sequence cues. My point is not to bash the ISC or its members, they do a thankless job and are absolutely under appreciated. IMAC would be far behind where it is with out them. That being said, unknowns such as the one mentioned should be very carefully reconsidered before dispersal. Unknowns should draw from a wide variety of the available figures for the class, utilize elements and base figures that do not appear in the known (as much as possible), and be authored with the same consideration to flow and airspace use as are the known proposals. Finally, thanks and kudos to the members of the ISC, your work is much appreciated!

t

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I would have to agree Ty. Several of us had a similar discussion before and after flying it. For your viewing pleasure....

attachment.php

20001=12884-Adv Unk 9-21-14.jpg
20001=12884-Adv Unk 9-21-14.jpg

mndless

Don't know a thing..
I know everything is measured from one's own perspective.... but, holy crap, that looks like it would be hard to fly as a known!! :)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
yakpilot;20048 wrote: This is my first year in advanced. If I would have gotten that unknown I would have freaked the eff out!!
This was my first CONTEST in advanced.....and I DID :cower:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Pistolera;20071 wrote: This was my first CONTEST in advanced.....and I DID :cower:

I have a dumb noob question....I won't be flying intermediate for some time, but do practice. On the rolling 270's does that mean three complete rolls that you are exiting inverted as well? I'm having a hard time understanding entering and exiting inverted divided by three and 270 divided by four would be hard to coordinate in my mind.

The second thing that makes my mind go blank is the loop with 4x8......AT THE BOTTOM on number 6!!!

tl3

50cc
Terryscustom;20079 wrote: I have a dumb noob question....I won't be flying intermediate for some time, but do practice. On the rolling 270's does that mean three complete rolls that you are exiting inverted as well? I'm having a hard time understanding entering and exiting inverted divided by three and 270 divided by four would be hard to coordinate in my mind.

The second thing that makes my mind go blank is the loop with 4x8......AT THE BOTTOM on number 6!!!
It's 270 degrees of turn with three rolls integrated into the turn...so, for simplicity sake, each 90 degrees of turn has an integrated roll. If the maneuver starts upright it end upright and vice-versa. Likewise, the 90 roller in intermediate has one full roll integrated into 90 degrees of turn.

If 4 of 8 at a loop bottom gets your panties in a bunch, try last years unl known...3 of 4, opp 3 of 4 at the bottom of a loop.:smile-new:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
tl3;20081 wrote: If 4 of 8 at a loop bottom gets your panties in a bunch, try last years unl known...3 of 4, opp 3 of 4 at the bottom of a loop.:smile-new:

I understand on the rollers now, thanks....I'll have to try that next time out to see if I can do it without going into the next county to have room for the second one. 3 of 4, opp 3 of 4 at the bottom of a loop sounds like fun, but I'm a 3D guy mostly so the parts of the loop in KE don't sound too scary. I'm just thinking 4x8 at the bottom it would be a real challenge to come in gracefully and show four full hesitations while getting back on the throttle and maintaining a nice loop.

My hats off to you guys that can do that.....I'll keep practicing.