• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

I don't think that is practical for the knowns. Not only do the roll elements progress, the base figures do as well. Unlimited might have a down loop or part loop, but this is not allowed in sportsman. It would not be fair to put a tail slide in Basic like we have in unlimited. As I typed that last line I got an image of Curtis smiling at the tail slide and Wayne saying " NO MAN".

Jerry Hailey;19480 wrote: I don't think that is practical for the knowns. Not only do the roll elements progress, the base figures do as well. Unlimited might have a down loop or part loop, but this is not allowed in sportsman. It would not be fair to put a tail slide in Basic like we have in unlimited. As I typed that last line I got an image of Curtis smiling at the tail slide and Wayne saying " NO MAN".
I actually like tail slides..... I always practice them. I don't know why writers don't use them more.

I just did an Unlimited with one!

W

tl3

50cc
Jerry Hailey;19480 wrote: I don't think that is practical for the knowns. Not only do the roll elements progress, the base figures do as well. Unlimited might have a down loop or part loop, but this is not allowed in sportsman. It would not be fair to put a tail slide in Basic like we have in unlimited. As I typed that last line I got an image of Curtis smiling at the tail slide and Wayne saying " NO MAN".
Not saying that all the base figure need to be identical, but more similarities than differences. Basically, if you laid out all the flimsies on a table you'd be able to see the progression from basic thorough unlimited. Obviously, there are allowable figures in unl that should be utilized there but can't be used in other classes, but 1/2 cubans, sharks tooth, non 45 hammers, etc, can all be common base figures (entry and exit attitudes could vary) and could create some continuity across the classes.

BTW, when you submit the unl known proposal with the tailslide, please let me know so I can be a fly on the wall for that "discussion." :smile-new::encouragement::glee:

Tseres

150cc
tl3;19521 wrote: Not saying that all the base figure need to be identical, but more similarities than differences. Basically, if you laid out all the flimsies on a table you'd be able to see the progression from basic thorough unlimited. Obviously, there are allowable figures in unl that should be utilized there but can't be used in other classes, but 1/2 cubans, sharks tooth, non 45 hammers, etc, can all be common base figures (entry and exit attitudes could vary) and could create some continuity across the classes.

BTW, when you submit the unl known proposal with the tailslide, please let me know so I can be a fly on the wall for that "discussion." :smile-new::encouragement::glee:

My novice brain says, that is how it is now. If it is not that way, then I agree that it should be.

Both the Basic and Sportsman classes were sent to the BOD last night. There will be final testing today on the Intermediate and then we will move on to the Advanced which has already been tested many times with many changes. We also had a new proposal which was tested yesterday but will need some changes if it is going to be considered.

After the BOD votes on them, they will be placed on the usual front page of the IMAC website. Normally, we start putting them on-line after the NC Regional finals, which is this upcoming weekend.

Wayne

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Thanks for the update Wayne !! You guys have been staying pretty busy for a while now !! Kudos to you guys!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I'd like to shoot my brethren that put together the Advanced unkown we flew at the NE Regional Finals at Black Dirt, NY yesterday. THREE rolling 270's and one rolling ninety.....:disturbed:

I actually wallowed my way thru them, but my mind was so twisted outta shape by then that I couldn't fly a straight line :funny-laughing-smil:msn-slapping:

Pistolera;19903 wrote: I'd like to shoot my brethren that put together the Advanced unkown we flew at the NE Regional Finals at Black Dirt, NY yesterday. THREE rolling 270's and one rolling ninety.....:disturbed:

I actually wallowed my way thru them, but my mind was so twisted outta shape by then that I couldn't fly a straight line :funny-laughing-smil:msn-slapping:
Hey Earle... I just warned him that he is on your "hit list".... He was actually there at the World's ... So if you can find it in your heart to forgive him... Let us know and I'll tell him.

He's a sadist BTW!