• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

Pistolera;16866 wrote: I think the last Intermediate Unknown (321K) at the Worlds, with the addition of a negative snap or two, plus changing the two 90 rollers to a single 270 would make a great Advanced Known for 2015!!!!

:woohoo-dancing-bana

Careful what you wish for.

It's going to be a while. The Worlds have just finished and we had several members of the sequence committee involved in various capacities at the event.

There will be testing as usual and changes where applicable.

Wayne

tl3

50cc
Silver Fox;17721 wrote: It's going to be a while. The Worlds have just finished and we had several members of the sequence committee involved in various capacities at the event.

There will be testing as usual and changes where applicable.

Wayne
How about now? are they done yet?...:dancing-chicken::anonymous::devil:

tl3

50cc
So, here's another thought regarding sequence development: The idea behind the progressive class structure in both IMAC and IAC is in part to actively assist pilot's develop a certain skill set in one class that is a fundamental component of the proceeding class. For example, sportsman pilots are introduced to hesitation rolls on the quarters (4 pt roll), for pilots in intermediate and above these roll elements are ingrained (or should be) and don't require a large amount of cognitive thought to complete. In other words, where as a sportsman pilot is actively thinking, reacting, and learning through the point roll process, an intermediate or advanced pilot has this "programmed" to be an automatic or inherent action. With respect to sequence development, would it not be helpful to pilots to reflect this skill development process in the sequences themselves? By that I mean that, to a certain degree, all the classes could share a common base figure sequence. Obviously, with Int - Unl there have to be some variations to accommodate rollers (though there is no rule that says we have to have rollers...) but for the most part the base figures could all be the same (or very similar) with differing roll elements. This would establish a degree of continuity and commonality from Basic to Unlimited, and highlight the skill development required as one moves from class to class. Anyone?

tl3;19301 wrote: So, here's another thought regarding sequence development: The idea behind the progressive class structure in both IMAC and IAC is in part to actively assist pilot's develop a certain skill set in one class that is a fundamental component of the proceeding class. For example, sportsman pilots are introduced to hesitation rolls on the quarters (4 pt roll), for pilots in intermediate and above these roll elements are ingrained (or should be) and don't require a large amount of cognitive thought to complete. In other words, where as a sportsman pilot is actively thinking, reacting, and learning through the point roll process, an intermediate or advanced pilot has this "programmed" to be an automatic or inherent action. With respect to sequence development, would it not be helpful to pilots to reflect this skill development process in the sequences themselves? By that I mean that, to a certain degree, all the classes could share a common base figure sequence. Obviously, with Int - Unl there have to be some variations to accommodate rollers (though there is no rule that says we have to have rollers...) but for the most part the base figures could all be the same (or very similar) with differing roll elements. This would establish a degree of continuity and commonality from Basic to Unlimited, and highlight the skill development required as one moves from class to class. Anyone?

I have actually used this method when writing unknowns......

tl3

50cc
exeter_acres;19303 wrote: I have actually used this method when writing unknowns......
Yup, I did that more often than not, but I don't think they got distributed that way, unless it was by chance. In the days before the ISC it was pretty common to have Unks that were done as a package with a common base figure sequence.