• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Sequences

TazmanianDevil;7627 wrote: Mine are glued already. :nodding-yes-by-a-ve:nodding-yes-by-a-ve:

Can't wait for your three rollers unknowns Sir.
D

Hey Adi..... Did you use West Systems Epoxy or just plain ol' super glue??!!

You gonna need it! :miserable:

W

Tseres

150cc
To the Sequence comity. I'm a very average sportsman pilot. Had a real hard time with the entry to figure #2. This figure alone separated the Sportsman pilots from the ones that should move up. I do have to admit that I became a better pilot this year even if I never got the entry quite right. I do think that this years knowns were way harder then the last 2 years I've competed in sportsman. While I don't want the committee to make things to much easier on us I would like to see the figures a little less complicated to enter. Remember the real sportsman pilots just learned Basic. Don't make it to hard for us to compete. As a matter of fact I think you should make it boring for the Lifer Sportsman pilot so they move up.

Point taken. Thanks for the feedback.

I can see where two half rolls from inverted and then pushing a half loop could be a little challenging for a new sportsman pilot.

We are currently testing the proposed 2015 known.

Yes, it was difficult at first but more altitude and a slower entry speed then sacrifice a few points by drawing a >2 fuse lengths line before the push really helped me! There was a half roll to inverted then push a half outside loop in the Sportsman sequence in 2007 that I had real trouble with!! But it has made me a somewhat better pilot by forcing me to practice those "hard" maneuvers but wouldn't you know I blew a couple of normally easy ones because I had not practiced them enough!!!!!!!!!!

Tseres

150cc
While it is true that you are forced into learning, the learning curve shouldn't take so long that you don't feel competent to move up a class after a couple of years. I agree that the lower classes are there to teach you maneuvers that you are not comfortable doing. I still maintain that there were to much inverted flying in Sportsman last year. You should not have a double move from inverted to start any figure in Sportsman. We are still learning to add components to a line and stay on track. If you can master that in sportsman then you've accomplished something and will get you ready for the next step which I believe to be inverted entry. It is just my opinion and I will fly whatever is put in front of me to the best of my ability. But I'll tell you this. There was more frustration then fun for me personally this year. If it becomes more frustrating then fun I'll probably quit IMAC. I don't want to quit cause I like it but I'm not going to beat myself in the head just to see if I feel something.

My point is. Dirt Doctor you have been in Sportsman for at least 7 years if my math is correct and you didn't move up. Why not? The idea of IMAC is to compete in the Unlimited class. That is the competition. The rest is a learning curve. So why not move up? Is it just to hard to make that step or do you feel that you don't have the mastery of the Sportsman class yet? My reason is the later.

I do see the other side of the argument that you have to challenge the pilots and here is what I think the criteria should be focussed on. Sportsman. Adding line elements and cross box maneuvers including outside maneuvers. Intermediate inverted entries and starting rollers. Advanced. Completing rollers and complicating line elements and inverted elements. Unlimited. Take it to the max.

Forgive me for jumping on a soap box but it does feel good to have someone pay attention to my opinion. This is just my opinion.

Tseres;10036 wrote: While it is true that you are forced into learning, the learning curve shouldn't take so long that you don't feel competent to move up a class after a couple of years. I agree that the lower classes are there to teach you maneuvers that you are not comfortable doing. I still maintain that there were to much inverted flying in Sportsman last year. You should not have a double move from inverted to start any figure in Sportsman. We are still learning to add components to a line and stay on track. If you can master that in sportsman then you've accomplished something and will get you ready for the next step which I believe to be inverted entry. It is just my opinion and I will fly whatever is put in front of me to the best of my ability. But I'll tell you this. There was more frustration then fun for me personally this year. If it becomes more frustrating then fun I'll probably quit IMAC. I don't want to quit cause I like it but I'm not going to beat myself in the head just to see if I feel something.

My point is. Dirt Doctor you have been in Sportsman for at least 7 years if my math is correct and you didn't move up. Why not? The idea of IMAC is to compete in the Unlimited class. That is the competition. The rest is a learning curve. So why not move up? Is it just to hard to make that step or do you feel that you don't have the mastery of the Sportsman class yet? My reason is the later.

I do see the other side of the argument that you have to challenge the pilots and here is what I think the criteria should be focussed on. Sportsman. Adding line elements and cross box maneuvers including outside maneuvers. Intermediate inverted entries and starting rollers. Advanced. Completing rollers and complicating line elements and inverted elements. Unlimited. Take it to the max.

Forgive me for jumping on a soap box but it does feel good to have someone pay attention to my opinion. This is just my opinion.

I didn't say I was any good!! LOL! At my age I think I'm doing pretty well. Also, I can only practice once a week and if my floaters are bad I can't fly at all! About the only thing that I really do well is read Aresti - it's like a second language to me and I am pretty good at it!!

I thought about moving up to Intermediate but I can't see well enough to be able to safely fly far out and way up there! So, until I start winning or getting second place at every contest I will probably stay in Sportsman!! Besides, it's fun!

I have been flying IMAC (or trying too, anyway) for 15 years and I've seen a lot of guys drop out when they get up to the advanced classes due to lots of factors but really a major factor is not being able to put in the practice time to stay sharp!!

Tseres

150cc
Dirt Doctor;10266 wrote: I didn't say I was any good!! LOL! At my age I think I'm doing pretty well. Also, I can only practice once a week and if my floaters are bad I can't fly at all! About the only thing that I really do well is read Aresti - it's like a second language to me and I am pretty good at it!!

I thought about moving up to Intermediate but I can't see well enough to be able to safely fly far out and way up there! So, until I start winning or getting second place at every contest I will probably stay in Sportsman!! Besides, it's fun!

I have been flying IMAC (or trying too, anyway) for 15 years and I've seen a lot of guys drop out when they get up to the advanced classes due to lots of factors but really a major factor is not being able to put in the practice time to stay sharp!!

I'll take not being able to see as a legitimate Exuse. I know that feeling myself. So then I wasn't talking about you. LOL.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I think the last Intermediate Unknown (321K) at the Worlds, with the addition of a negative snap or two, plus changing the two 90 rollers to a single 270 would make a great Advanced Known for 2015!!!!

:woohoo-dancing-bana