• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

104" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
That'd be awesome! I really wish I'd have won one of the two they gave away at the Austin Huckfest, I won't be able to afford one for quite a while :)

rcdrum

New to GSN!
It might be awhile for my 104 video, I broke the antenna off my JR :( . Gonna have to send it off

RC

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
It might be awhile for my 104 video, I broke the antenna off my JR :( . Gonna have to send it off

RC
Just fly close in. Antennas are optional on 2.4 stuff. We have a foamy plane with no antenna on the receiver. We just tell Mom
to keep it in close. 1 time we saw her start running towards the plane because it got out of range. She got it back in range and landed it safely.
She might of hollered at us afterwards though. Don't remember, just remember the good stuff. LOL

rcdrum

New to GSN!
Just fly close in. Antennas are optional on 2.4 stuff. We have a foamy plane with no antenna on the receiver. We just tell Mom
to keep it in close. 1 time we saw her start running towards the plane because it got out of range. She got it back in range and landed it safely.
She might of hollered at us afterwards though. Don't remember, just remember the good stuff. LOL

I wish it was on the receiver, easier to replace! Hope the turnaround isn't too long, was just starting to get back in the swing of my 104

RC

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I found some 1 1/4 inch polyolefin shrink tubing with adhesive inside, for going over the teflon tape wrapped flex section of the header. I ran it up on the driveway at home, and it is working well.
IMG_0199-1.jpg

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Please keep us posted on how this works for you.
I've looked up the specs on polyolefin shrink tubing, its temp range goes up to 135 deg c (275)
Header temps we have seen is slightly below 275, so maybe it will hold up.
You might be onto something.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I might fly it tomorrow, 45F deg. Since I used to have stock type mufflers, the holes leftover in the cowl are right in front of the headers, so it has to be cooling them a little anyway.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Well, it was 50%. One side split open on the first flight, the other lasted 3 flights. Maybe a silicone tube with stainless steel tie-wraps?