• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

104" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

Jungle

50cc
All I fly is giant gas stuff and never run a header tank. A good clean set up with good lines will not need a header tank like a glow engine or a Heli would.

Jungle

50cc
A header tank is a smaller tank between the main tank and the carb that traps air bubbles. In a plane that has alot of vibration and a fuel that's foams up under alot of vibration they are great. The header tank stays, if not completely full all the time, close to full and prevents the engine from changing its tuning setting from ingesting air in the fuel and going lean.

In a gas set up it is rare that they are really needed. The carb has its own pump and if you have your plane set up correctly there should never be that much vibration. The Heli boys use them alot and I have used several on profile glow planes but not on the bigger stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
No header tank needed for gas. The Carb has a pump with a bit of reserve. Header tank does nothing but add complexity and weight. Keep it simple. We have literally many thousands of flights on 2 cycle gas planes. The biggest failure area is something going wrong inside the gas tank( clunk line falls off). A header tank would only delay the inevitable.

rcdrum

New to GSN!
Starting 104 #2, hope to get it done by the weekend. I'll post pics of the progress if anybody wants to see them. Thanks to Yamadan for all the help getting this going

RC

Attachments

• 104v2 2.jpg
    104v2 2.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 104v2 1.jpg
    104v2 1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 317
  • 104v2 4.jpg
    104v2 4.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 315