• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

104" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

wamsy55

50cc
I just maidened my 104 Slick today.

My Setup:

Da-120
Futaba BLS-157's
Smartfly Board and Ignition Kill
Falcon Prop

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wamsy, which smartfly board are you using? I have the power expander pro in my 89.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm thinking about getting one for their batt share units to use in my 30cc project...

djmoose

70cc twin V2
For 25% i just use one rx battery and have never had a problem. I use two battery's in 30% and up.

Remember, there's no specific reason to use redundant batteries in one size vs another. It's all about how much chance you want to take on a single battery.

How often does a battery fail?

The REAL concern is getting enough power to your servos. As long as you have appropriate connectors on your battery and some sort of power bus...then one battery is perfectly fine on a 35% plane...as long as you're ok with taking that chance. It just so happens that most power board/bus devices have a batt share feature built in.

All that being said I run dual batteries in 50cc and up. In my 30cc sized planes, I make sure I have 2+ leads coming off of my switch so I can get more then 3A of power to the Rx.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Remember, there's no specific reason to use redundant batteries in one size vs another. It's all about how much chance you want to take on a single battery.

How often does a battery fail?

The REAL concern is getting enough power to your servos. As long as you have appropriate connectors on your battery and some sort of power bus...then one battery is perfectly fine on a 35% plane...as long as you're ok with taking that chance. It just so happens that most power board/bus devices have a batt share feature built in.

All that being said I run dual batteries in 50cc and up. In my 30cc sized planes, I make sure I have 2+ leads coming off of my switch so I can get more then 3A of power to the Rx.

I hadn't thought about the two lines into the Rx until recently, and when I was talking to Joe Smith about it, he recommended 3!

rcdrum

New to GSN!
Maiden done on 104 #2, flies perfect no issues.

RC

Attachments

• 104 v2 22 ed.jpg
    104 v2 22 ed.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 104 v2 11 ed.jpg
    104 v2 11 ed.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 104 v2 30.jpg
    104 v2 30.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 335