• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Wow, a plane can do that?

nebwake

70cc twin V2
crashed edge small.jpg

:(

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Yea I actually have a brand new cowl already, the one that took the hit today was a little busted up from shipping so noll sent me a new one for free and the wood damage is all the very front of the motorbox, real easy repair. It was crazy, I didn't even chip my xoar prop, but the spinner is toast:D. I suppose that a wrong input while doing rollers on the deck will cost money, who would have guessed.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yea I actually have a brand new cowl already, the one that took the hit today was a little busted up from shipping so noll sent me a new one for free and the wood damage is all the very front of the motorbox, real easy repair. It was crazy, I didn't even chip my xoar prop, but the spinner is toast:D. I suppose that a wrong input while doing rollers on the deck will cost money, who would have guessed.

lol, yeah, that's why when I finally learn to do them, I'll be hanging out up high for a while! Depending on how you came down, you might want to send the 4315 to Ken for a check up. He usually turns them around within a week, and only charges a few bucks for the bearings (which would most likely be where the damage is).

Glad to see you're in good spirits!

-G

I've had all sorts of questions from bystanders at the field. All the common ones such as, "How high/far/long does it fly?" etc, etc. I usually just try to be cordial and answer them politely. But I did see this on the back of a shirt at an online vender, I can't remember where it was but I saved the image because I thought it was classic. :peace:

Attachments

• Before You Ask.jpg
    Before You Ask.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 324

SteveT.

100cc
I've had all sorts of questions from bystanders at the field. All the common ones such as, "How high/far/long does it fly?" etc, etc. I usually just try to be cordial and answer them politely. But I did see this on the back of a shirt at an online vender, I can't remember where it was but I saved the image because I thought it was classic. :peace:

Absolutely!!!

SteveT

B

Blucor Basher

I like to do sort of the opposite at the flying field. If I see a field when traveling I usually stop to watch, and for me, the most fun thing in the world is to talk to the guys flying 3DHS planes, ask their opinions about them, listen quietly, watch for a while, then thank them and leave. I always learn a lot and, of course, I feel really sneaky.