• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Wow, a plane can do that?

quadracer

100cc
There was a family at a park nearby when I maidened my 70 Slick. The (I'm assuming) grandmother walked over and asked about my Yak, where to buy one, how much, etc.. I told her the initial investment, and she actually wasn't all that shocked. She said she would consider getting her grandson one for Christmas. I recommended a sim before an actual plane, especially a 3D plane...

They watched as I flew a few packs through the Yak, then when the Slick went up, they were all in awe. :D

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
The gyro and hovering question always gets me. I just think "if you know what a gyro is you should be educated enough that you can hover a plane without one". Remember that idiot who said "nice gyro flying" on one of your videos jim?

TopSpin

New to GSN!
I've had several club members and some bystanders come up to me and tell me I crash better than anyone else they have ever seen. I just get all humble and say aww shucks, aint nothin.;)

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
The gyro and hovering question always gets me. I just think "if you know what a gyro is you should be educated enough that you can hover a plane without one". Remember that idiot who said "nice gyro flying" on one of your videos jim?
Yep happens a lot actually.

robj

70cc twin V2
Oh yeah...the have you crashed question!!!???!!! Really? If a friend of theirs gets a new car is the first thing they ask if they scratched it or not?

flying my crack yak in the shop the other day "How do you make it fly straight and level instead of pointed at the sky all the time?"

rmr24

New to GSN!
At indoor fly-ins I've seen spectators more enthralled by one of these than the best 3d flying:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 353
My favorite is when someone who has never flown RC tells you how they have one, or used to have one.
I get that quite a bit. Especially from vendors trying to get their foot in the door. Wanting to make a personal connection I guess.
(Most recently, from a car salesman. Same deal)

It's particularly funny if they start getting into details that let you know immediately that they've probably never even seen one up close, let alone flown anything.
I usually just smile and nod, and pretend I don't know they're full of it :)

SteveT.

100cc
My favorite is when someone who has never flown RC tells you how they have one, or used to have one.
I get that quite a bit. Especially from vendors trying to get their foot in the door. Wanting to make a personal connection I guess.
(Most recently, from a car salesman. Same deal)

It's particularly funny if they start getting into details that let you know immediately that they've probably never even seen one up close, let alone flown anything.
I usually just smile and nod, and pretend I don't know they're full of it :)

Yeah...like when they start telling you about their EDF B-17 with working guns and retracts....

SteveT