• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Wow, a plane can do that?

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
How many others of you have been out at a park, a club event, family, etc.... and have people come up to you after some serious hucking and say "Wow, that plane flies crazy! I can't believe it's pretending to be a helicopter." or the like.

I've had an uncle say that about the plane being a helicopter and the other day after hucking the umx 300 around a club member come up and say that about the plane. Fortunately the club member corrected and said "looks amazing with you piloting the plane."

I typically just smile, try not to bust out laughing, and gracefully say "the plane is designed for this type of flying, but it's very hard to do." And let the conversation take its course.

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
We were at a park recently. Joe was flying his heli. Someone made the comment must be too windy to fly that thing since he's having such a
difficult time controlling it.

We both laughed.

joe was piro flipping and doing tic tocks. For 4 minutes.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
We were at a park recently. Joe was flying his heli. Someone made the comment must be too windy to fly that thing since he's having such a
difficult time controlling it.

We both laughed.

joe was piro flipping and doing tic tocks. For 4 minutes.

LOL!!!! Haha I get problems with people asking to fly sometimes.......I just say ok, but there's a $300 damage fee LOL

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
LOL!!!! Haha I get problems with people asking to fly sometimes.......I just say ok, but there's a $300 damage fee LOL

Hadn't thought about that response. I just tell them to go buy a sim and practice there first. Then watch their eyes bulge as they hear the price of a sim, and then watch them feel better when I tell them the cost of a complete training system and how much repairs would be without having a sim to help learn basic stick movement.

njswede

150cc
I was flying a plane at my club that's located in a huge public park. It was the first flight of the day, so I was just doing some circles to warm up. A man and his son were standing next to me "ooh-ing and aah-ing" over my flying and I thought to myself "If they think that's exciting, let's see how they like this"... I put the plane in a full throttle up-line, a pop top and then into an unusually perfect KE-spin. I was pretty proud of myself. The dad told his kid "That's not supposed to happen!". Then they left. So much for showing off...

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
I was flying a plane at my club that's located in a huge public park. It was the first flight of the day, so I was just doing some circles to warm up. A man and his son were standing next to me "ooh-ing and aah-ing" over my flying and I thought to myself "If they think that's exciting, let's see how they like this"... I put the plane in a full throttle up-line, a pop top and then into an unusually perfect KE-spin. I was pretty proud of myself. The dad told his kid "That's not supposed to happen!". Then they left. So much for showing off...
Maybe he was a circle flyer and up to this point in the guys life he had his son believing his Dad was a really good pilot. Of course he left quickly. Can you imagine the questions the guy was getting hammered with on the way home from his son.

robj

70cc twin V2
Plenty of.....how much, did you build it, where can I get it, can i fly it

from my club guys(circle flyers).....what kind of gyro are you using to hover. Looks like it's hard to control.

Best one recently(a nice one) I did a couple quick flights with the 74 at a local park and there were a bunch of soccer games going on. This mom and her son were just awed by the plane. I landed and they were looking at it and said can I take a pic...sure. Took a couple shots then I said come over here. Held the plane up on the gear by the tail, had the boy hold it up, gave him the TX and backed out. He was freaking just a bit. Mom said you get in the picture....I said, nah, looks like a perfect shot as is. Made their day.....mine to! :)

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
That's awesome rob. Nothing like making someone's day with something simple like that. Kudos to you man. :)

Draven

New to GSN!
I sometimes fly at my local park. I almost always get approached by kids or adults with a giant grin on their face and aching curiosity. It's definitely a great feeling knowing you've probably inspired some future pilot.