• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's on your bench?

rpstar

30cc
I thought I was bad but some of you have waaay more than me on the table. Right now I've got in the following order:

1) EF 48" Edge - just finished today
2) Hangar 9 Toledo special ( just started today)
3) Top-sky mini dlg
4) Hangar 9 65"' P-47 (will be my first gasser with a DLE-20)

Somewhere in there I also need to build my son a Leadfeather Edge out of the EPP I've got as he is finally showing interest in flying.

That is a great foamie ... I've gone through three or four of them and still have one flyable.

Thanks. It really is a great plane and I love flying it. I'm still on my first, but it's been glued so many times that it's gotten very heavy and doesn't 3d well anymore. The little 24 gram motor won't take it vertical at all. I think it weighs 14 oz or so now, thats alot considering it started at just over 11oz. I'm going to order a new one this winter and have it ready for spring. Heck I may even go ahead and get 2. I thought about just building them but I can't get any 3mm depron here and I want to keep it light as possible. Here it is when it was new.

Attachments

• Lil' Ripper1.jpg
    Lil' Ripper1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 207
I plan on picking up the Futaba 14SG when its available, or shortly after. I have a DX6i now, which has been great, but after a long process, I decided to switch to Futaba for my upgraded tx (nothing against Spektrum, none of their equipment has ever failed me). This way I'll have my "nice" radio as I move up in size and cost, and can still use the DX6i for existing and cheaper setups (requiring less than 6 channels).

I'm looking forward to the 50cc vids! How's the quality on the Aerobeez line? Also, do you/will you be carrying Hyperion servos? I've been wondering about those, since the specs look good on them for the price, but don't know anyone that used them...

Shot you a PM.

The plan is to maiden the 30cc MXS this weekend. Probably wont do a 50cc for myself for a while, but if any locals end up with one you can bet I will be hounding them for some low and slow camera passes. The quality looks pretty good. They are a bit overbuilt, but still very good quality. That might be due to them being designed as gassers. Not sure though.
A buddy at my field is also going to maiden the red/white 30cc edge on Sunday, but I doubt I can make it out for that one. He built his with an OS GT-33 if memory serves. Once he gets it lined out and tuned I plan on a few pony rides.

The MXS I have is converted to electric. I will try to get a final weight on it in the next few days for comparisons to other brands 70"-75" planes.

Eagle34

50cc
Thanks. It really is a great plane and I love flying it. I'm still on my first, but it's been glued so many times that it's gotten very heavy and doesn't 3d well anymore. The little 24 gram motor won't take it vertical at all. I think it weighs 14 oz or so now, thats alot considering it started at just over 11oz. I'm going to order a new one this winter and have it ready for spring. Heck I may even go ahead and get 2. I thought about just building them but I can't get any 3mm depron here and I want to keep it light as possible. Here it is when it was new.

Looks good. Pretty sure I saw your pics on the other site. I found a great motor for these the 2205C 1400 from HK :veryshocked: great power for the size. I have a couple but I refuse to order anything else from them. I just use the free planes and make mine out of fan fold foam. Weight hasn't been a problem yet. I know what you mean about repairs adding weight though.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Now that the Vyper Bype is done, here is my Queue:

- 48" Super Vyper (current project)
- 70" Velox
- 72" Extra 330
- 46" Yak-55

SnowDog

Here's my winter build queue:

71" Slick (gasser) with a Mintor 33

49" Su-26 (yes, this is a 3DHS airframe!)

A 40 size Wild Fred Laminar Yak (profile) from plans

EEV2 71" 3D Profile CAD/CNC "Short" Kit

and if I get all that done :)

Rebuild front end of UCD 60/90 size

Finish GP P-51 40 size (framed out; needs covering)

SnowDog

First I've heard of Mintor. Are they a Chinese brand? Any experience with them? Looking for a DLE-20 or equivalent for my P-47 and see that Mintor has a 22cc.

Mintor is not a Chinese brand (which makes me happy) - they are direct from Italy and they are serviced under warranty by Top Dawg Aviation here in the US.

The Mintor 22 is a very popular motor. I've heard of a number of people installing them in a Velox 70"...I'm sure it would work well in your P-47 instead of a DLE-20. The Mintor 22 is $248 at TopDawgAviation.com.
http://topdawgaviation.com/Engines/mintor/22cc/22cc.php