• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's on your bench?

quadracer

100cc
I might have to get me one of these Veloxes before too long. They look super sweet, that's for sure! Might be a next winter project..

SteveT.

100cc
I might have to get me one of these Veloxes before too long. They look super sweet, that's for sure! Might be a next winter project..

They fly great.. My son had damaged his blue 68" and even after I repaired it, it kind of freaked him out, so, I gave him mine, and sold his, and bought the 70". so this is my second one...

SteveT

Well even though it won't fit on my bench (Which is 8'X3.5" By the way) i'll go ahead and show her...

Some work obviously done, but not finished non the less :D

Pilot 122" Extra 330SC 1353472276001.jpg1353472273996.jpg1353472272790.jpg1353472274275.jpg1353472274828.jpg1353472268422.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks man! I can't wait to fly it :D Should be finished withing the next couple weeks or so.. Setting one of these up isn't what one might call, umm... Cheap..

I'm sure! That's a main reason (that and I don't have a trailer) why my 89" Slick is a big as I'm going to own for a while ;)

I'm sure! That's a main reason (that and I don't have a trailer) why my 89" Slick is a big as I'm going to own for a while ;)

I don't blame you. The 50cc size aircraft really are amazing these days, and I will admit, buying 37-46% aircraft is becoming increasingly harder to justify, but I find my ways :)

Poor Mom! :p

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I really want a 50cc something from 3DHS, EF, Pilot, or Redwing. I don't make a lot of $$$ so I'm saving my pennies and not doing a whole lot for myself at the moment. I am building a Bridi Vagabond from Blue Jay models (I really like classic pattern planes too) which is a kit and I have everything already to go on it. Finding time to work on a kit has been difficult so it's not very far along. I am also currently building a 1/4 scale cub kit from Balsa USA for my father. So I have plenty to keep me busy until I have the funds for my 50cc are gathered. BTW, I've had great experience with both vendors that I mentioned. They're not the biggest in 3D but this hobby of ours is so wide that there's lots to explore. I might build an EVA 3D or E-tana from mountain models soon. I'm also working on a Giant Staggerwing from Top Flite for my dad once I have a workshop again. He's all into scale and stuff with time to fly but no time to build so I get to build for him, lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353784833.051641.jpg

Well even though it won't fit on my bench (Which is 8'X3.5" By the way) i'll go ahead and show her...

Some work obviously done, but not finished non the less :D

Pilot 122" Extra 330SCView attachment 3264View attachment 3265View attachment 3266View attachment 3267View attachment 3268View attachment 3269

Now that's huge!!! Congrats on the new plane man!!!

I've got a 48" EPP Extra just sitting on the workbench... Don't have electronics for 'er... May try to sell her to get $ and pick up a 30CC Bird...

Now that's huge!!! Congrats on the new plane man!!!

I've got a 48" EPP Extra just sitting on the workbench... Don't have electronics for 'er... May try to sell her to get $ and pick up a 30CC Bird...

Thanks! I can't wait to see her in the air! I think you'll really enjoy a 30cc, tons of fun, and will get you further than an EPP that size.

Just my .2 :D

Thanks
Brian