• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What motor would you use in a 50cc size?

lugnutz

30cc
i haven't tried a mintor 60 but a friend of mine has a 20 and 33 in which we replaced the ring on them because mintor had a problem with rings going bad, per mintor Frank Bowman makes a great ring for just about every motor,i wouldn't start any engine without one anymore,but i bet that once you change the ring it would run awsome

hone

150cc
And by the way, Chief will be joining us very shortly as a site sponsor :)

Sweet! Now if i could just get them to sponsor me :p

I'm starting to save up for a 50cc plane and will most likely go the route of the DA-60.....This is going to take a loooooong time ahaha

SnowDog

Sorry no experience but for $14 more at Chief you should consider a DA-60 which is a proven motor with a way better resale value.

Thanks for letting me know...I had no idea the DA-60 was only $14 more than a Mintor 60! I will go with a DA-60 for sure at that price...that's a no brainer!

Av8r RC

50cc
Wow that does look interesting. Especially the price and the try it for 30days or it's free.

And it's a go for the FB 89 slick, yay!:bouncy: Driving to h-town to pick it up tomorrow. I would definitely give that motor a try if I've ever had any experience with gas motors. But since this will be my first gasser I think I'm going to go with the DA.