• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion What Airframe would you buy if you had a DLE55 to motivate it?

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I've got two pilot aircraft and I love the quality of them and been very happy with the service from my local rep as well, will post up some vids and reviews of the kits, I would certainly consider one if you have a 55RA, maybe the Edge540?

I have one arriving in a few days if you want some pics

pilot-edge-03-large.jpg

The one flying up here was 17 pounds on a stock muffler. It flies very nice. The controls are not EF sized, but it does all the tricks. It is very well powered on a EME-60.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Nice to know Enterprise, been considering what to put in the front and the EME60 was top of the list, had good experience with them and right on the $

I have one as well as the one my buddy has that edge. He has had 2 faulty ignition modules, but the engine runs great and is basically the same power as the DA. If it were not for a lack of available headers I would consider the EME-70.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Might consider one, not a fan of cutting the cowl though which i would have to do on the edge for it to fit. will think on it hehe

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nah... the 70 twins are great in that spot.

I think it depends on the airframe honestly.

The redwing 50cc slick is perfect on a 55, and obscene on a 60cc.

The redwing 50cc extra is a little heavier, and is still amazing on a 60cc.

The Aeroplus is about the same, amazing on a 60cc, but will do well on a 55cc too.

The 3dhs newer birds, 92" yak, edge, and even the 89" slick really shine on a 60cc, and are obscene on a twin. About average to slightly underpowered on a 55cc.... Same goes for the EF "50cc" line. Their 88" Edge would be anemic on a stock 50/55cc.

On the other hand, the extreme flight 91" can actually use the twin for both balance and power, it's a big heavy bird.

Each plane is a little different in how they balance and their power requirements.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I think it depends on the airframe honestly.

The redwing 50cc slick is perfect on a 55, and obscene on a 60cc.

The redwing 50cc extra is a little heavier, and is still amazing on a 60cc.

The Aeroplus is about the same, amazing on a 60cc, but will do well on a 55cc too.

The 3dhs newer birds, 92" yak, edge, and even the 89" slick really shine on a 60cc, and are obscene on a twin. About average to slightly underpowered on a 55cc.... Same goes for the EF "50cc" line. Their 88" Edge would be anemic on a stock 50/55cc.

On the other hand, the extreme flight 91" can actually use the twin for both balance and power, it's a big heavy bird.

Each plane is a little different in how they balance and their power requirements.

Makes sense to me, in respect to the Pilot kit she is a bit shorter but stockier than most, I think its 87". so might just stick with the EME60 :)

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread BBCorvette