• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion What Airframe would you buy if you had a DLE55 to motivate it?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Slicks, extras, and edges are better at 3d than yaks in my general opinion. Flat bottom fuses are better at harrier which is the base of 3d flying.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yaks are good for rollers... that is very true. But the other planes dont really have a deficiency... anyway... if I had slicks, edges and extras already I would get a yak. It all depends on the situation.

AKfreak

150cc
Interesting responses so far. I was thinking a Pilot Yak54.

I would buy the Edge. For straight 3D, it's extremely had to beat. Post stall it flys like no other. That straight across leading edge on the main wing makes for locked in for harriers.

It does everything well really. I bet if you poll the top guys, they would say the Edge for 3d, and precision aerobatics, the extra. Also pilots tend to be a little heaver than The EF and 3dhs planes. If you are careful during construction, it should be too much of a problem. I just wanted to say a light plane flys much better in most maneuvers than a heavy one.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I have had an Extra 260 (Pilot 106") Extra 300 (EF 88") and now I'm thinking next big gasser will be a slick or edge. Will have to wait a bit for that though... :) As far as a 55 dle mate I would stick with the suggestions above... The redwing slick is pretty impressive!

50cc_Slick-540_11.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea $900 for the 3dhs edge airframe or $1300 the redwing red deal decisions decisions lol

Yes but the redwing slick airframe is just $559 and since you already have all the equipment… just port it all over from the sbach! You will see night and day difference between the two and you will be amazed!

AKfreak

150cc
Yea $900 for the 3dhs edge airframe or $1300 the redwing red deal decisions decisions lol

You said there was no budget concerns. If you said money was a problem, I would of never mentioned the top 3 manufacturers. Shipping alone from the top 3 is a 1/3 the cost of the airframe.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Budget isn't an issue. But if for another 50% I can have a complete plane I might do that and then give my dad the sbach.