• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Welcome to our new home for forum support...PAU

PatNjos

30cc
I know you guys are about performance and SCALE, but you should play with the idea of doing a performance only airplane, come up with a airframe that has everything needed to be an all out 3D monster! I feel it would sell well.

I was thinking the same thing PatNjos, but, I haven't flown a PAU to know yet. I plan to keep an open mind. I've seen videos of the PAU plane I bought but haven't assembled yet, and it didn't look like it was lacking in anything as far as 3D goes. Looks like it could do everything you'd want to do in extremem 3D. Looks like it had pitch authority, strength, could withstand extreme in air abuse. My kind of plane.

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
PatNjos;10128 wrote: I know you guys are about performance and SCALE, but you should play with the idea of doing a performance only airplane, come up with a airframe that has everything needed to be an all out 3D monster! I feel it would sell well.

Your 100cc is still one of the best still and were always working to squeeze in more. Herve and I have discussed some off the cuff ideas. But if were going to make an Extra for example, it's going to have all the performance you can ask and yet still look like one.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
I'm not saying a "floaty" 3D only type plane wouldn't be fun, but here is what Spencer had to say about the 35% Extra on the other thread.

"You can't go wrong with the extra. Over time i have found that previous freestyle airplanes have either been floaty and could not do fast precise maneuvers, or fast and precise but couldn't do slow 3d. The PAU extra is the perfect combination of both, it does great high speed precision, but it can also slow down to a crawl and be absolutely stable. Definitely my favorite plane for freestyle"

I think he explained it quite well!

Regards,

Astro

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
PatNjos;10128 wrote: I know you guys are about performance and SCALE, but you should play with the idea of doing a performance only airplane, come up with a airframe that has everything needed to be an all out 3D monster! I feel it would sell well.

I got some video this weekend of some pretty non-scale flying with my Edge. I'm really looking forward to trying the Extra next year, I'm blowing a LOT of smoke oil through my Edge but so far it's holding up well. When we get home from our event tomorrow I'll see if I can load that up.

All out 3D planes are cool too, but there is still a fine line between too light, too large of surfaces and too "crazy" when things start to go south and the fun factor drops off. I do think PAU would be a good one for an all out 3D huckin' plane because their construction methods for the wings and fuse are holding up extremely well for me (I've not been very gentile to my 120cc Edge). Personally for a 3D specific plane I prefer a moderately wing loaded plane instead of a super floaty light wing loaded plane.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Ken-H;10131 wrote: Your 100cc is still one of the best still and were always working to squeeze in more. Herve and I have discussed some off the cuff ideas. But if were going to make an Extra for example, it's going to have all the performance you can ask and yet still look like one.

That is the best part of PAU and their Airplanes!!!!!

PatNjos

30cc
Ken-H;10131 wrote: Your 100cc is still one of the best still and were always working to squeeze in more. Herve and I have discussed some off the cuff ideas. But if were going to make an Extra for example, it's going to have all the performance you can ask and yet still look like one.

I get keeping it as scale as possible if your going to do a model of an existing airplane, but I'm thinking design and engineer your own airframe with its own name. I love my edge, I have no complaints.