• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weeks Solution

A little late, but here is my Solution X. I attempted to partially copy the Kermit Weeks black version with decals down the fuse from front to canopy, but also wanted to advertise for my favorite adult beverage, Shiner Bock. Bottom of wings (top, bottom and tail) are all black/white 2" checkerboard as it the rudder. Rest of the plane is black except the decals. Solution X on the tail, Shiner Bock on the top wing and either side of the fuselage. Powered by a DJ85cc on lunger from Mile High Hobbies, so far has proven to be an excellent choice. Running a 3 blade prop, I just like the looks!!!! Kit built many years ago, got it from a guy in San Antonio who got it at a swap meet. Looked like it had been flown, but not much, no damage ever. Great flying plane, looks really good. Wheel pants have clamp on mounts and so far they have not proven to be very good at staying tight enough to keep the pants in line, thus you get what I got in the picture....droopy wheel pants!!!!! Running all Savox servos from Ibcinyou-RC. Futaba radio gear, 14 channel receiver. This one is gonna be a keeper, a really good flying, stable bipe, no bad tendencies. Almost wish now I had opted for the 92 inch version instead of the 77 inch one. It could be in my future!!!
shiner solution x.jpg

A little late, but here is my Solution X. I attempted to partially copy the Kermit Weeks black version with decals down the fuse from front to canopy, but also wanted to advertise for my favorite adult beverage, Shiner Bock. Bottom of wings (top, bottom and tail) are all black/white 2" checkerboard as it the rudder. Rest of the plane is black except the decals. Solution X on the tail, Shiner Bock on the top wing and either side of the fuselage. Powered by a DJ85cc on lunger from Mile High Hobbies, so far has proven to be an excellent choice. Running a 3 blade prop, I just like the looks!!!! Kit built many years ago, got it from a guy in San Antonio who got it at a swap meet. Looked like it had been flown, but not much, no damage ever. Great flying plane, looks really good. Wheel pants have clamp on mounts and so far they have not proven to be very good at staying tight enough to keep the pants in line, thus you get what I got in the picture....droopy wheel pants!!!!! Running all Savox servos from Ibcinyou-RC. Futaba radio gear, 14 channel receiver. This one is gonna be a keeper, a really good flying, stable bipe, no bad tendencies. Almost wish now I had opted for the 92 inch version instead of the 77 inch one. It could be in my future!!!View attachment 83530

looks good Paco. the photo to the left is no more.....i have built a new one use Miles Reeds plans and enlarged to 40%. DA 100-L twin, power box smoke pump. used silk and dope and copies Kermit Weeks scheme in 1983. DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0033.JPG

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hello @Paco Ritter,
I thought the pictures of your Solution looked familiar. Then I looked at your name. . . . . . . :laughing:. Welcome to GSN. There are allot of AWESOME members on this site who are more than willing to help someone out. This is a much more "user friendly" site than RCU which is where I first saw your plane and made a few posts in the thread.

Hello @a.b. gentry jr ,

Welcome to GSN to you too. I have seen your BIG solution before as well and it looks AWESOME. . . . . :big_yes:. All of these pictures of the Weeks makes me want one even more. I would LOVE to get my hands on an X or XX kit. . . .:yesss:.

Take care Fella's,
David

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Wouldn't the Hostetler S-1-11B suffice to build a Weeks?

Attachments

• pitts.jpg
    pitts.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 411

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@acerc,

There are too many differences between the Hostetler Pitts in your picture and the Solution X for a builder of my caliber to be able to adapt it. Thanks for trying though. . . . . :big_yes: